Film Your Hunt

338 Bear Hunter

Reaction score
I have the good fortune of a family member eager to buy me a camera for self filming hunts. The only thing I found specifically for this purpose is a TactaCam, but I didn't think it would be a good choice. For one, my main bear rifle is already too heavy. Also, on the top would block the scope, and on the bottom would likely be blocked if I'm using a bipod or rail on a treestand. At this time I'm strictly a rifle hunter. (All of the photos on Amazon show this camera attached to a bow).

Anybody here film their own hunts? If so, what do you use? My wife bought be a cheap GoPro knockoff a few years ago, but the quality is marginal and it makes noise when you turn it on.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
I've filmed a couple bow hunts with a camera on my hat. The hardest thing to get used to is the weight of the camera on your hat. You know it is there.

I think the way to do it is with a backpack mount. That is what Jeff Doyle does. Check him out on Youtube.

I don't like backpacks for tracking, so I'm not sure how I'd film a hunt these days.

338 Bear Hunter

Reaction score
I've filmed a couple bow hunts with a camera on my hat. The hardest thing to get used to is the weight of the camera on your hat. You know it is there.

I think the way to do it is with a backpack mount. That is what Jeff Doyle does. Check him out on Youtube.

I don't like backpacks for tracking, so I'm not sure how I'd film a hunt these days.
I have a crappy GoPro knock off that I can mount to my head, but it has no zoom and tends to take fisheye perspective video. It also produces heinously large files which don't compress well.

338 Bear Hunter

Reaction score
Had a porky-pine go by last season…he stopped to sniff my Chunky wrapper…I named him Joe Biden.
Took my daughter to bear camp last year after she bagged a bear in 2020. I was concerned about her scent control, particularly her very long and unwieldy hair. So yes, every morning before we went out (we were in separate trucks), I gave her the Joe Biden sniff test. I felt so presidential!

Latest posts