Filler Screw Size?

NorthMaine

Reaction score
Once I get it figured out, I'll post the size for future reference for anyone trying to do the same.
Sounds good. I'll make it a sticky in this forum.
I noticed the same size differences between the sight/barrel screws and the receiver plug screws on the 7600 I just picked up. The sight screws are smaller than the receiver screws. Since Jeremy dropped the ball on reporting back the sizes :rolleyes: ...

Sight/Barrel Plug: #6-48, Remington F202853 (I used a generic Pachmayr #21 Plug Screw with blue Loctite)
Receiver Plug: #8-40, Remington F14242 (I used a generic Pachmayr #22 Plug Screw with blue Loctite)

I got them here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PACHMAYR-QUALITY-GUN-SMITHING-SCREWS-PICK-YOUR-PAIR-23-DIFFERENT-SCREWS-PLUGS/172624484584?hash=item28313898e8:m:mCvymxZvmAFYkoF1e9uWvOw&var=471442817297

The Pachmayr screws are uniform diameter throughout and don't have the head/stop that the factory screws have. They can be screwed in so that they are flush with the receiver whereas the factory screws typically sit a little proud of the receiver surface.

Last edited:

Fanniedow

Reaction score
Filler Screw Size

Hi Does anyone know the thread size for the half sunhood mounting screw from Tilta? Its the same for the SSD drive holder, but I just cant figure it out or find an equivalent online. Its smaller than 1/4" thats for sure.

Thanks

_____
XEvil 4.0: NEW! the best program for solving any CAPTCHA, including Google ReCaptcha-2