Federal TBBC 35 Whelen Ammo

silver belly62

Reaction score
Well I received a notification from Midway regarding the Federal TBBC 35 Whelen ammo in 225 gr and said it's being discontinued. Federal still has it listed on their website but not sure if that's a change coming for 2019 or if Midway is just not going to carry it anymore. Thought I'd pass that on for the ones that shoot that caliber on here

silver belly62

Reaction score
I just checked last week and it was still listed as on back order and still on their site, then I got notification this week

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I just about choked on my coffee when I saw those outrageous prices .

Earlier today i bought the last 2 boxes from a local gun shop of Rem 180 gr PSP Core Lokt for 17 a box
He just got 2 cases in a few days ago. Ammo is still flying off the shelf around here.

The worst bullet I ever used is that Federal Sierra Game King 180 gr Boat Tail Soft Point .
There is probably nothing wrong with the bullet if used on ranges it supposed to be used for.
I never knew it supposed to be a medium to long range bullet.
It was just going through deer like a pin at 50-75 yards. Pinhole going in , pinhole going out with no wound channel.

Last edited:

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
You got 180gr 35 Whelen core lokts for $17 a box?
No Rem 30-06 180 gr Core Lokts for 17 a box . I was comparing buying Rem Core Lokt;s to 60 bucks for 35 whelen Trophy bonded bear claw and almost 40 bucks a box for the Fed sierra game king PST boat tails.

I went through that phase of buying all these expensive custom bullets for a while . Ended up going back to the core lokts that work just as good and a lot of times even better than the premium bullets . I have yet to have a core lokt not have an exit hole with a nice wound channel on the way out.
Im sure that some premium bullets do more damage . I saw one small doe hit with a ballistic tip that looked like she was shredded by a grenade . the exit hole on her looked like a baseball was shot through her.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
No Rem 30-06 180 gr Core Lokts for 17 a box . I was comparing buying Rem Core Lokt;s to 60 bucks for 35 whelen Trophy bonded bear claw and almost 40 bucks a box for the Fed sierra game king PST boat tails.

I went through that phase of buying all these expensive custom bullets for a while . Ended up going back to the core lokts that work just as good and a lot of times even better than the premium bullets . I have yet to have a core lokt not have an exit hole with a nice wound channel on the way out.
Im sure that some premium bullets do more damage . I saw one small doe hit with a ballistic tip that looked like she was shredded by a grenade . the exit hole on her looked like a baseball was shot through her.
Always had good luck with the CoreLokts on deer.

Latest posts