Engraving On A 7600

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I have seen a few different engravings on 7600's .

The one i have seen the most of has a deer scene on the right and a bear scene on the left.
All of these have been 7600's with 22 inch and 23 inch barrels. I have never seen an engraved carbine come up for sale
There have been a couple that had the barrels cut , but none that were original stock carbines.

I have seen a couple that were special edition Buckmasters engraving

Then there are Remingtons 50,100 , 150 and the newest the 200 year anniversary special addition.
On Gunbroker they cant even give away those 200 year specials . I have never seen a bid on any of them.

But here is one I have never seen before until today.
It only has engraving on one side. A deer scene with a buck and doe running through the woods .
It doesn't really look like engraving. It looks more like its compressed into the receiver.

I have no interest in buying this gun so go right ahead and bid if want to
I just thought it was interesting to see a different version

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796145094

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Whats hard to find , the book or the gun ? LOL

I've never seen a 760 or 7600 with the engraving on the cover of the book either !

So that is another Grice special. Sounds like they have been having special additions forever.

Reaction score
I have seen them before down this way with the regular deer/bear scene on blued receiver, not a lot compared to other models. This past year there were two at different shops in carbines, and the one had been there well over a year but sold recently in Dec. Always wanted to add one to the collection but whenever I seem to come across them they are never in decent shape compared to others. The one on the left in Longbow catalog pic I have only ever seen in full length barrel

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Whats hard to find , the book or the gun ? LOL

I've never seen a 760 or 7600 with the engraving on the cover of the book either !

So that is another Grice special. Sounds like they have been having special additions forever.
The book is hard to find. Paid 100 for it 5 years ago. Many going for several hundred. On the cover are first production rifles, F Grade, presented to C.K. Davis, president of Remington Arms.

Yeah, Grice has had a lot of special additions.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
I have seen a few different engravings on 7600's .

The one i have seen the most of has a deer scene on the right and a bear scene on the left.
All of these have been 7600's with 22 inch and 23 inch barrels. I have never seen an engraved carbine come up for sale
There have been a couple that had the barrels cut , but none that were original stock carbines.
I have an engraved 7600 carbine I bought new at a local gun shop in 2001. Haven’t seen another like it but assumed they weren’t all that uncommon.

Bill/NH

Reaction score
I have an engraved 7600 carbine I bought new at a local gun shop in 2001. Haven’t seen another like it but assumed they weren’t all that uncommon.
Me too in 2001!!!! Same as, go figure!!!! Well 30/06, now are we same as????:confused::cool:

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Three people have beautiful engraved 7600s and I have yet to see a picture.:(
I’m positive I’ve posted some before, probably even a few with it laid out over a buck.

(Should have turned the page, Shooter Buck beat me to it. Thought I’d be teasing you until I could dig some up to post.)

Last edited:

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I missed the boat in 2001 but I picked up an engraved carbine 06 later on.

Longbow I hope you dont mind that the only picks I have are of it laying across bucks.
Now you've done it SB ! You sent Longbow back into depression ! More than likely he will have to buy 2-3 guns
in the next day or so to revive himself.

Go ahead 802-603hunter ! Post up the picks of your monsters with the engraved 7600's on them to finish Longbow off ! :buck:

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Now you've done it SB ! You sent Longbow back into depression ! More than likely he will have to buy 2-3 guns
in the next day or so to revive himself.

Go ahead 802-603hunter ! Post up the picks of your monsters with the engraved 7600's on them to finish Longbow off ! :buck:
I don't have an engraved 7600 or 760.:(

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Here's a few pictures, engraving is easier to see in some photos than others. It's lost a little bluing over the years too.

11-20-16 (5).jpg

2007 VT 7pt 144lb 2.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_7056.jpg

Last edited:

Grandkid

Reaction score
Nice engraved Remingtons. I have one that I haven't shot. It is numbered 136 and comes with a matching knife. I guess I'm going to have to find one before LB does. I don't have much time though....he is quick on the draw.

Love the bucks by the way.

Roger-

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice engraved Remingtons. I have one that I haven't shot. It is numbered 136 and comes with a matching knife. I guess I'm going to have to find one before LB does. I don't have much time though....he is quick on the draw.

Love the bucks by the way.

Roger-
You have #136 Benoit rifle? I missed my chance, could have ordered one, but I thought 1000 was ridiculous at the time. My good friend was doing pretty well financially at the time and he bought one. So, I'm hoping he is thoughtful enough to leave it to me in his will. :D No way am I spending thousands to have one of those now. I have two of the knives.

Grandkid

Reaction score
Yes that's right. Stumbled on it with a college student from Ohio looking to complete his masters. So it just sits in the box longing for a chance at a buck. Some day one of my grandkids will have it in their hands taking a big buck on some mountain where Larry traveled. At least that is my hope. You could probably just sell a couple of yours to get one of his. Right? Never say never.

I couldn't afford one when they came out with two young ones and trying to save up to go on hunts. Now its changed....I could afford one and just bought it several years ago on a whim.

Roger-

Last edited:

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes that's right. Stumbled on it with a college student from Ohio looking to complete his masters. So it just sits in the box longing for a chance at a buck. Some day one of my grandkids will have it in their hands taking a big buck on some mountain where Larry traveled. At least that is my hope. You could probably just sell a couple of yours to get one of his. Right? Never say never.

I couldn't afford one when they came out with two young ones and trying to save up to go on hunts. Now its changed....I could afford one and just bought it several years ago on a whim.

Roger-
I just bought a gold engraved rifle so I am OK for now.;) You mentioned grandkids, what about your kids, no interest in the rifle?