Elk hunting in Penn.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Does the entity that owns Ragged MT deny you access?

On the ski area side there are access points that are posted. You can access the west side of the mountain pretty easily , but the ski area is located in the middle of the south side. With that being said...... some great access has been afforded to me on the other side that save me a crap load of walking if there's a spot high up I want to get to.

Last edited:

Fixed blade

Reaction score
I wish I could get permission to access from that side too. Did you live in Danbury or Andover? Do any hunting on the mountain?
I was in College and lived on campus. So no I didn’t get to hunt. Wish I did. I lived in a great area for 4 years and never hunted it. I would travel back to my home grounds during the season and having a bow or rifle on campus it needed to be in the security office locked up and signed out. It was just too much for me to wrap my head around at the time. I was young and dumb. If I could do it over differently I would.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I was in College and lived on campus. So no I didn’t get to hunt. Wish I did. I lived in a great area for 4 years and never hunted it. I would travel back to my home grounds during the season and having a bow or rifle on campus it needed to be in the security office locked up and signed out. It was just too much for me to wrap my head around at the time. I was young and dumb. If I could do it over differently I would.
Did you attend CS?

Latest posts