Does anyone have either of Dick Bernier's books?

Gwlambo

Reaction score
I have all three Bernier books - I agree with the views expressed that there was too much religion in the book for my liking. He does have some great stories though and some great pics. If you have not yet read Cam Hanes book I really enjoyed that one too. I am not a bow hunter either.

Vtbuck223

Reaction score
Bernier's first 2 books are a very good read....but not at $100. I enjoyed the first book the most...the second was mostly more of the same but as with all sequels it's tough to be better than the original. He basically mixes his knowledge in with stories of actual hunts. Back when he wrote the first book there was just so few good books exclusively on hunting in the northeast. Since then there have been a few more written. I purged a lot of books out of my collection a few years back...but Bernier's books will always have a place on my shelf. Also...as a Christian...I am similarly minded concerning faith...so that part didn't bother me at all. I met him and talked to him at the Classic many years back...he is a pretty nice guy...unlike some of the other guys at the shows he seems pretty quiet. I haven't heard much of him in recent years...kind of wondered what he has been up to.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
I enjoyed the Benoit videos a ton and Hal had a great one as well. I mentioned cam hanes recently but would also recommend "the Journal of Mountain Hunting".It is a great monthly read but they also provide a "table top" mag that is great. It is about $25 but the photography and editing of the stories are worth it.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I have 3 of Larry's original black books printed in 1975. I'd part with a couple of them for a reasonable price.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
This is a pretty good book, got it a few months ago. Actually forgot I had it on the book shelf, going to look thru it now.

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 31

Vtbuck223

Reaction score
This is a pretty good book, got it a few months ago. Actually forgot I had it on the book shelf, going to look thru it now.
Ordered ADK Deer Trackers a few days ago...looks to good to pass up...late Christmas present to myself!

shedder

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"[/FONT][h=2]Does anyone have either of Dick Bernier's books?[/h]
I was just looking on line for old copies of Larry Benoit's book when I was directed to Dick Bernier's books. I was surprised at how much people were asking for them. I checked eBay and Amazon. Both places showed either book to be valued over 100.00. Is there a cult following for his books? I was under the impression that most people didn't care for his writing. I've never read either book. Are they good reads?"​

The prices may be sucker bait. I see that often on books. An over market price to troll for the unwary.

I have read the Bernier books and don't find them essential.

Vtbuck223

Reaction score
In this case....the first Bernier book is priced so high because it is out of print. There are 10 offerings on Amazon and the lowest is just under $100...the highest over $600. (I'd be willing to trade mine for a 7600 in .35 Whelen!)

Latest posts