Did The Forum Rules Change For Posting Vids ?

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Under the thread " The Ones That Haunt You " in the Deer Hunting forum a post that had 4 vids with no issues.

I just tried posting 2 vids on the same post on the thread " Big 6 Point " in the trail cam Forum and it wouldn't let me put them in the same post.

It said I was only allowed " one vid per post "

Did the rules change recently ?

Turningleaf

Reaction score
I believe when I post videos I have to do the same thing. One video per post. However you can attach four or five photos to one post.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I believe when I post videos I have to do the same thing. One video per post. However you can attach four or five photos to one post.
TL if its only one vid per post , how do you explain this post I made in the " The Ones That Haunt You " thread in the Deer Hunting Forum ?

I think it was 4 pics or 4 vids . But on this last post on the Big 6 pt thread it only allowed me to post one vid . Something change ?

On Oct 26th 2010 I got videos of this 8pt buck chasing a 5pt around . Very aggressive buck I named Brutus.
Only got nite vids of him and never saw him during daylight or on any cam during legal shooting light.
My guess was he of weighed 150lbs field dressed and was 2 1/2 yrs old in this vid. I have vids of him chasing that 5pt but it doesn't show his rack as good as this one. Take note of the shape of his rack and his curved brow tines . Thats how you can tell its the same buck in the later year vids. I ended up shooting a 3 1/2 yr old 4pt with crooked horns that i saw in 2009.

click on the pic to play the vid of Brutus 2010

https://vimeo.com/119089256

In 2011 I never saw him hunting or on cam all year. Figured someone shot him in 2010 or he met his demise some other way.

In 2012 , 2 years later to the exact day Oct 26th he shows up on one of my cams thats 1/4 mile from the one I caught him on in 2010.
He must be 50 lbs heavier and a rack more than twice as big. You can tell its the same buck by the shape of his rack and brow tines. He was active almost every nite chasing and hunting down Does. I must of got 50 or more nite vids of him chasing does , but not a single one in the daylight. I finally saw this buck on the 2nd to last day of the firearm season but couldn't get a shot. I heard something at a distance to my right out of my treestand. Nothing showed for over 1/2 hour. Figured it was nothing there. Sat back down and made a doe in heat call and he bolted through the harwoods and outta there from 150 yards. I guess he didn't like my calling skills LOL

vid of Brutus 2012

https://vimeo.com/119079202

Sunday , Nov 10th 2013. The "Haunting Day "
Second weekend of muzzleloader season. I had not seen Brutus hunting or on camera up to this point. But that was about to change.
I had put a treestand up on the hill where I got him on camera many times at nite in 2012 and where I saw him that one time during the day the year before. But I didn't place it good enough. At 7:30am I see this huge deer coming along the edge of the swamp and I had a feeling it was him. He was walking through the thick brush with his head down headed for the thick spruce christmas trees. He was walking broadside and about 125 yards he turned towards me to go around a tree and stopped and picked his head up. In the scope i could tell he was standing quartering to me , but it was a sharper angle than I thought. I put the crosshair just behind his right shoulder and let it fly. I could hear the bullet hit him. then he disappeared like he was never there. i figured he made that jump into the spruce and dropped. I climbed down to claim my prize and nothing there. It took me almost an hour to find the 1st blood close to 80 yards away from where he was standing. Just a couple drops. Then a little a few more drops 30 yards from there. Another 50 yards and a couple more. At 300 yards I found the most blood , about 12-15 drops where he stood in the mud . I could tell the blood was running down his back leg. I searched for 6 hours and never found another drop of blood. I came back the next morning and searched for at least another 2 hours. I felt sick that this trophy buck was dead somewhere.

This is a vid I got of him at 2:15am ,the same morning I wounded him . I had this cam set up 400 yards from the treestand I wounded him from
You can easily tell its the same buck from 2010 by the curved brow tines and shape of the rack.

https://vimeo.com/119077109

I check the rest of my cams the next Friday before leaving for my camp in Maine
I got a vid of him on weds, 3 days after I shot him limping on one of his back legs . This was opening morning of shotgun season. This cam was a little over 1/2 mile from the stand I wounded him from.
He was limping , but able to put his weight on the bad leg. So it looks like I only clipped him through the meat and didn't break any bones.
I was happy he wasn't laying somewhere dead. He was actually following a Doe. He couldn't have been hurt that bad if he was still out looking for girlfriends.

I shot him on Sunday Nov 10th .This is a vid of him wounded on Wednesday morning Nov 13th
You can tell its the same buck by his right antler with the long G2 and the short G3 that you can see on the Nov 10th 2:15am vid

https://vimeo.com/119077272

bigrak

Reaction score
Not in his defense by any means. When it comes to attachments, It has been my experience this site has flaws. Sometimes it will not let you do something you've done before. For years there were no problems until recent.

Last edited:

Turningleaf

Reaction score
I can't explain it. Only that I post a lot of cam videos on here and I'm only allowed one, maybe two per post. I think Roy is right though. It's never been the smoothest sights for pics and clips.

bigrak

Reaction score
This is what I believe, if it is too large it won't let you. What it should do is give you an error message saying so "which it does not". So when I reduce the size of a pic it then has allowed me. If you use photobucket, it automatically corrects the size for you.

Last edited:

Turningleaf

Reaction score
This is what I believe, if it is too large it won't let you. What it should do is give you an error message saying so "which it does not". So when I reduce the size of a pic it then has allowed me. If you use photobucket, it automatically corrects the size for you.
Here lies a wealth if information.......well information anyway:rolleyes: I actually think you're right Roy, when I was using photbucket it seemed to correct size issues.