deleting and MODifying posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBullism

Reaction score
If the powers that be around here feel the need to delete or edit someone's post, I'd like to see a PM sent explaining why... nothing more frustrating than checking back and finding a post gone...

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
When did it happen? Linky for the post? The only thing mods should be changing is abusive language...

MBullism

Reaction score
Doesn't need a specific reference... only a request in general. It's either a good idea, or not...

DeerMeadowFarm

Reaction score
We usually do send a pm if the entire post is deleted. If it's edited, we usually add a comment under "reason for editing" which appears below the post. I'm not sure that all the mods always do this, but I think the majority do most of the time.

UltraTec

Reaction score
If an entire post is removed we always send a PM explaining why and I'm sure many members can verify that. As Rich said if a word or phrase was removed we usually will just add a note at the bottom stating why.

If anything to the contrary was done, I'm sure it was an oversight.

lab44

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with the above. However, if an entire thread is deleted for some reason PM's aren't sent to everyone that posted in that thread. That could be a little tough. MB, usually when a whole thread is deleted it is at the request of the member who started the thread and PM's are not sent to everyone. Does that make sense?

eidsvolling2

Reaction score
Not rectified for me

I posted a link last Saturday in the "Community Forum" to an article describing Mitt Romney's views on public land, because I thought it was relevant for hunters and anglers. The thread was deleted without any notice to me. I sent a request asking for an explanation — no response yet.

Is someone among the moderators trying to censor members' contributions without taking responsibility for that?

arlow

Reaction score
Politics are no longer allowed because some pansies cant be involved in political discussions or even read them without getting butthurt. So of course just like everywhere else these days the minority pansies get pandered too because they scream "its not fair!!!" too loudly.

Last edited:

eidsvolling2

Reaction score
Well, then the description for "Community Forum" needs to be revised:

"This is the place to discuss all your non-hunting issues. The campfire of the forum where hunting friends pull up a log and discuss things, such as politics, sports, or current events."

Davey

Reaction score
The freedom of talking politics on this board has been taken away, too many feelings have been hurt lately. Lets all hold hands and sing "Kumbaya "

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Yes...no more political threads. They are deleted on sight with no explanation other than this one. Politics do not work on small, non-political forums. We no longer allow discussion of politics, politicians, political stances, political punditry, or anything related to elections, partisan or bipartisan issues, etc, etc, ad nauseum...
I have been on these forums a long time and have made thousands of posts in that time....17,000+ here and probably 40,000+ on other hunting forums. POLITICS DO NOT WORK ON NON-POLITICAL FORUMS...PERIOD. They drive wedges between people who are here to discuss hunting....HUNTING. To lose members because of their political stance, when we are all here to discuss hunting, is a shame. We don't have enough members to allow us to hemorrhage posters, regardless of which side of the aisle they support.

Obama's stance on such and such.....gone.
Romney's opinion of some situation.....gone.
A bill brought forward that effects hunters.....fine.
Obama's or Romney's stance on that bill.....gone.
What Governor So and So thinks.....gone.
Opinion on where hunters need to stand in terms of voting on a bill....fine.
Opinon on where hunters need to vote regarding an official.....gone.

Simple. Effective. If you want to discuss, pontificate, or argue politics do it somewhere else. There are thousands and thousands of websites out there dedicated to you. This isn't one of them....

Last edited by a moderator:

willy13

Reaction score
If the powers that be around here feel the need to delete or edit someone's post, I'd like to see a PM sent explaining why... nothing more frustrating than checking back and finding a post gone...

Really??? Why??? you've been on here long enough to tell if a thread is heading south...they want it gone its gone...I don't see a need to explain anything...just go read something else...no biggy...

UltraTec

Reaction score
Really??? Why??? you've been on here long enough to tell if a thread is heading south...they want it gone its gone...I don't see a need to explain anything...just go read something else...no biggy...
yeah..this thread is 2.5 years old. Hopefully people have moved on.

MBullism

Reaction score

hehehe, lol...remember when the (I can't even remember what post of mine was deleted)...that was awesome :D:cool:

bucktail1

Reaction score
Yes...no more political threads. They are deleted on sight with no explanation other than this one. Politics do not work on small, non-political forums. We no longer allow discussion of politics, politicians, political stances, political punditry, or anything related to elections, partisan or bipartisan issues, etc, etc, ad nauseum...
I have been on these forums a long time and have made thousands of posts in that time....17,000+ here and probably 40,000+ on other hunting forums. POLITICS DO NOT WORK ON NON-POLITICAL FORUMS...PERIOD. They drive wedges between people who are here to discuss hunting....HUNTING. To lose members because of their political stance, when we are all here to discuss hunting, is a shame. We don't have enough members to allow us to hemorrhage posters, regardless of which side of the aisle they support.

Obama's stance on such and such.....gone.
Romney's opinion of some situation.....gone.
A bill brought forward that effects hunters.....fine.
Obama's or Romney's stance on that bill.....gone.
What Governor So and So thinks.....gone.
Opinion on where hunters need to stand in terms of voting on a bill....fine.
Opinon on where hunters need to vote regarding an official.....gone.

Simple. Effective. If you want to discuss, pontificate, or argue politics do it somewhere else. There are thousands and thousands of websites out there dedicated to you. This isn't one of them....
That's funny, I look at it just the opposite and quit any and all forums that don't allow free speech as I'm sick and tired of liberals crying about their feelings being hurt cause some bad man barked at them...... You lose members on here because you ban political banter also.

Political talk has to be spoken on these sites in order to keep our sports going. All those against it are in fact just trying to kill our sport, period.

If you stop political banter on here you are in favor of banning hunting and fishing. Caving in to the libs is just what they want and it's their sole purpose of being on here.

Oh well it used to be a pretty good site, nothing lasts forever nowadays.:mad:

Last edited:

lab44

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If people could discuss or even argue with some respect to others that would be fine, but this group can't do that. Any and every political argument turns to crap on the first page and just keeps going down hill from there. If that stuff is allowed to continue, we will lose members because they get pissed at each other, if we don't allow members to call each other names and argue useless points, then we lose members because we're censoring the site. When I first started here the general rule was to post as if your 10 year old or your wife was reading over your shoulder. We've gotten away from that a little bit and now I barely let my 13 yr old look at what's on here.

Other than Dan's highlighted areas above, everything else just ends in an argument (usually won by arlow :D, just kidding, nobody actually wins) and useless name calling.

UltraTec

Reaction score
.. You lose members on here because you ban political banter also.
Like Lance said, it is not BANTER that is the problem. It is the insults, name-calling and vitriol that is proffered forth by certain members on here. If people could act like adults and have a rational conversation, we would have no problem with it.

Wave the free-speech towel all you want and feel free to speak freely in your own home, on the street and in forums that allow insults & swearing, but it's not happening here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.