CVA Wolf Muzzle Loader

arlow

Reaction score
I bought a Wolf off of Muzzle-loaders.com in November to replace my tired TC Black Diamond. Nice gun, shoots great. Very easy carrying gun in the woods. Very easy to clean. Great upgrade from my old gun.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I bought a Wolf off of Muzzle-loaders.com in November to replace my tired TC Black Diamond. Nice gun, shoots great. Very easy carrying gun in the woods. Very easy to clean. Great upgrade from my old gun.
I went back and forth on that and the Traditions Backstalker, and ended up with the Trafitions. Happy with it, like the length, weigh, and feel. Just got some loads for it and hope to shoot it soon.

Attachments

NorthMaine

Reaction score
Bought a Wolf at Walmart a couple years back for like $75. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Flatlander

Reaction score
I have a Traditions Pursuit XLT and a Pursuit. The XLT shoots fine. The Pursuit doesn't group worth a damn. I've tried several combinations of sabots and powder. The best I can get are 5 inch groups at 100

Flatlander

Reaction score
I have a Traditions Pursuit XLT and a Pursuit. The XLT shoots fine. The Pursuit doesn't group worth a damn. I've tried several combinations of sabots and powder. The best I can get are 5 inch groups at 100 yards. I've had 2 Knights ,a Rem. 700 ,a T/c Omega, this Traditions is the only one that won't shoot.

Swiss1.5

Reaction score
My intent is not to offend anyone with regard to a choice they might've already made, but one should look into the lack of proof testing history and failures of these spanish muzzleloaders - and understand that they are priced accordingly. I am stating this for safety purposes only.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
I purchased a wolf yesterday for my son. I took it to the range today, and I'm thrilled with it. We will see how it performs in rain and snow though.
Its a great option for the kids. When you hold it, you definitely know its a cheapie, but if you don't want to spend much, this is a great option. As for the rain and the snow, it worked great for me. Luckily, it has the tool-less breech plug, and handled pouring rain and wet snow well, or I never would've had a chance at the buck in this post:

VTHunter08

Reaction score
We did some more shooting last night. This thing is a tack driver with 90 grains of BH209 and 250 to 270 grain bullets.
Bought one for my wife two years ago, and the way it shoots and carries makes me think I may start carrying it on walking days instead of my prohunter. did have a misfire with it the first year we changed the BH, so I have the BH breech being delivered today.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
I have the breechplug for mine. 90 grains with a Barnes T-ez and a Williams peep sight is proving to be an awesome combo.

Latest posts