CVA Wolf Muzzle Loader

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Yup, we have one. It feels very cheap in your hand, but it shoots great and it has the tool-less breech removal, which I'm a huge fan of. Its not the nicest machine you'll ever own, but for that price, its well worth it.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
I’d eat bologna for a few months and save up enough for a Woodman Arms if I were you.

Then again, your freezer is probably ready to shear a hinge pin holding all that venison in so you shouldn’t be spending any money on meat...........there I justified the purchase for you right there.

longbow

Reaction score
I’d eat bologna for a few months and save up enough for a Woodman Arms if I were you.

Then again, your freezer is probably ready to shear a hinge pin holding all that venison in so you shouldn’t be spending any money on meat...........there I justified the purchase for you right there.
Yes, actually been looking at the Woodman Arms and the CVA Accura.

johnrr65

Reaction score

+1

NorthMaine

Reaction score
If price point is the goal, then you can't go wrong. It's a great rifle, but does feel kind of cheap. Regardless though, it will be more than effective at doing the job. I had picked one up from Wally World a couple years back, they were on clearance. I had paid like $79 for the naked one without a scope. Black synthetic with "stainless".

You do need a different breech plug if you want to shoot BH209 though.

benny8

Reaction score
For what its worth, I purchased one from Walmart the first year they came out. I paid $119. It was a black synthetic stock with Nitride barrel. I have killed 7 or 8 deer with that rifle. My daughter now uses it. My Dad purchased a Wolf last summer. We put a scope on it and it shoots great. For the cost, I don't think you can go wrong for a deer killing smokepole.

rustyg

Reaction score
I bought a Wolf a number of years ago. Like most have said it's a good accurate rifle.
The only thing I don't like about it is, the stock is plastic and I don't think it is solid. In other words probably some form of honeycomb internally. It makes a lot of unnatural noise when whips and such hit up against it. Kind of amplifies the sounds.
Definitely a good rifle for the money

Escout711

Reaction score
The CVA Wolf isn’t fancy, but it will go bang and is accurate. It does have the breech release lever located in a funky spot which can cause it to open accidentally on occasion if you snag it. I have an Optima V2, and it’s good. On a related note, I was having an issue with the firing pin not staying retracted, and I called CVA about it. They immediately sent me a new spring and a firing pin removal tool at no cost, so thumbs up for that. I have noticed that CVA muzzleloader are not as dummy proof as my old Thompson Omega, you really do need to to remove and clean the firing pin assembly on a regular basis. I run Blackhorn 209 with Winchester magnum shotshell primers and cleaning is simple. This video shows how to remove the firing pin.