Could it be that this is why there aren't more stories and pictures posted.

Browseline

Reaction score
A while ago the moderators were talking about declining participation on HC. Thought I'd bring this up. Just one of my observations. On 8-24-2014 Meatseeker posted stories of a goose hunt in Mass. It was a great story with several very nice pictures. There were 1439 views and only 2 people could be bothered with a reply. I'm pretty sure he is not looking for congratulations or a pat on the back and neither are the rest of us that post stories, but stories and pictures take a little effort and you would think they would be worthy of at least a " Thank You " whether your a goose hunter or not. I believe bigrack brought up something similar to what I am saying a while back. And Meatseeker's post isn't the only one. No doubt a lot of you missed the post which is understandable and fine, but out of the 1439 views I would think that several hundred might be members.

Last edited:

Turningleaf

Reaction score
It's a good point. Sometimes it will take me an hour or more to download cam videos and then post them up only to have a few comments. Not looking for a four star thread. Even DLukes post have been getting sparse comments even with a 150 class buck in the frames and a three legged buck on his way out. Browse you sure have done your part! Thanks for all the great stories!

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Agreed Browesline.... Honestly I'm guilty of doing so. I'm starting to look forward to your posts and stories as much as the RB's, but I don't think I've ever posted so. It's not a good excuse, but I know for me that sometimes it will be due to reading the story from my phone. Posting from my phone sucks. I spell bad enough, but when trying to hen peck through a long winded response, I will have dozens or words butchered due to my fat thumbs. My intentions are always to go back and write something, but by then the thread is days old. Like I said, not even close to a legit excuse, but just an example as to what happens. I will make sure in the future not to be that guy.

MBullism

Reaction score
A while ago the moderators were talking about declining participation on HC. Thought I'd bring this up. Just one of my observations. On 8-24-2014 Meatseeker posted stories of a goose hunt in Mass. It was a great story with several very nice pictures. There were 1439 views and only 2 people could be bothered with a reply. I'm pretty sure he is not looking for congratulations or a pat on the back and neither are the rest of us that post stories, but stories and pictures take a little effort and you would think they would be worthy of at least a " Thank You " whether your a goose hunter or not. I believe bigrack brought up something similar to what I am saying a while back. And Meatseeker's post isn't the only one. No doubt a lot of you missed the post which is understandable and fine, but out of the 1439 views I would think that several hundred might be members.

That obviously took a long time for you to type out... Thank you.

(That's not the reason... Threads like THIS are the reason...)

motogsp

Reaction score
Well I can only speak for myself. I haven't been around all summer to do any posting do to some personal issues. I will do my best to contribute. It is kind of lousy to take the time to post even it is a simple question and get next to nothing for responses. With the season just beginning maybe folks will start posting again.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
I personally think that this has been one of the better summers for number of posters/posting that I can remember, and I go back to 2004 on here.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
It's a good point. Sometimes it will take me an hour or more to download cam videos and then post them up only to have a few comments. Not looking for a four star thread. Even DLukes post have been getting sparse comments even with a 150 class buck in the frames and a three legged buck on his way out. Browse you sure have done your part! Thanks for all the great stories!
Personally, unless the thread title makes me think there is something unusual in a cam pic, I don't even open them. Not my thing, obviously many others do as they get plenty of views.

oneshott

Banned
Reaction score
I think we are actually a little spoiled as far as participation. I've seen other forums that if you go away for a week, you only find 3 or 4 new posts. If you leave here for a week, there is some catching up to do.

Turningleaf

Reaction score
I think we are actually a little spoiled as far as participation. I've seen other forums that if you go away for a week, you only find 3 or 4 new posts. If you leave here for a week, there is some catching up to do.
That's true...although I don't have any other forums to compare it too....

Mainewoods

Reaction score
It was a good post but at the end of the day, somethings are just overlooked. If it's over a weekend, it's gotta be good for me to post since I only use my phone and never log in. Cam pics I usually don't even open because it's just something I'm not into. Dluke is right though, it hasn't been a bad "offseason".

gfdeputy2

Reaction score
It was a good post but at the end of the day, somethings are just overlooked. If it's over a weekend, it's gotta be good for me to post since I only use my phone and never log in. Cam pics I usually don't even open because it's just something I'm not into. Dluke is right though, it hasn't been a bad "offseason".
This for me too I have my log on set to remember so it probably shows I am on all the time

Browseline

Reaction score
That obviously took a long time for you to type out... Thank you.

(That's not the reason... Threads like THIS are the reason...)
Sorry, the last thing I wanted to do was damage to HC. I don't know much about forums as this is the only one I've ever been on. I thought that my trying to encourage others that looked at a particular thread to occasionally respond would lead to more discussion.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
It has been a good summer for posting I think as well...ever since that moderator Dan or whatever stepped down

(a joke, of course)
No joke...I think you're right!! Made for a good online summer for me, I can tell you that much! The few squabbles I've seen I've ignored entirely, but there really haven't been any to mention.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
We will find out what the deal is in the next few weeks. Not many people posted in the hunting logs section this past turkey season. Nobody can comment on those, so if those posts are down, it's not about bitching, fighting or anything else other than lack of time, or the desire to post on a hunting forum where pretty much every topic has been discussed ateast a 1,000 times. I still think it's the later. Not many people are using laptops or even desktops any longer. Everything is done from the phone. You imagine trying to type out a hunting log on a phone??!!!