condolences (dmf)

hornz

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you lost a loved one Rich

totalyirish5

Reaction score
Sorry to hear rich. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

badfisherman

Reaction score
I just heard, very sorry for your families loss, thoughts and prayers sent.

DeerMeadowFarm

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. Been a pretty rough week, and has been especially hard on my Dad. We really need to focus on keeping him busy the next few months.
Here is the obit if anyone cares to read it:
http://www.morrillfuneralhome.com/sitemaker/sites/daniel0/obit.cgi?user=899037Julian

My mom was a remarkable lady. I am just so thankful that I had this much time with her. There were two times where I could have lost her earlier.
In 1972 she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was too young to really understand what was happening. In 72 there were not as many advances in medicine for this sort of thing. She received a mastectomy and miraculouslythe cancer never came back. She didn’tlet it.
In1985 she received a massive head trauma from a fall. She fell from the 2nd story of our barn and landed on the asphalt below. I had just arrived at my (now wife's) house to pick her up for a date. She met me in the driveway in tears saying that she had fallen from the barn and was being rushed to the hospital. When we arrived there, the paramedics, whom I knew well as I was on the fire department at the time, wouldn't look me in the eye. That's when it really hit me that I might lose here right then and there. They called in Life Flight which was only 3 years old at the time. She was one of the first patients to be transported by Life Flight helicopter in the area. Once again the doctors used the “miracle”word.
She was a fighter, and she fought to the end. I will miss her always.

RustyD

Reaction score
Sorry for the sad news Rich. You are all good people. Keep Dad busy doing things he loves.

MBullism

Reaction score
Obvious condolensces...never easy. Sounds like the fighter in her gave you 41 bonus years...wow...in 1972 that should've been it right there :(