Cocking device.

Flatlander

Reaction score
A rope cocking device came with the bow. It's o.k., but I think it would be difficult to cock the bow in a tree stand. Anyone have experience with the crank type devices?

longbow

Reaction score
Normally you cock the crossbow on the ground, pull it up and then put your bolt on. Hand cranks make it easier and you could do it in the tree I suppose.

benny8

Reaction score
Purchased one for the wife's crossbow for her for Christmas a couple years ago. Piece of ****! She hated it. She has a Barnett Lady Raptor.

longbow

Reaction score
Right , might get a shot at another deer. In Ct. we get 4 archery tags.
Didn't mean to talk down to you, wasn't sure if you were just starting with it. Don't have any experience with them, but I have seen them used and looks like they would be great for the stand.

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Out of the ones I have looked at, the Mission RSD is far and away the best. It is silent and you can stop and let go of the handle halfway through the draw and it just sits there. I am pretty sure they are mission specific though.

longbow

Reaction score
No problem longbow.
I member when I started with my first one I had no idea. I called my brother-in-law and asked him if I should cock it on the ground, or wait until I got up in the stand? He said that he kept his cocked all season long! LOL that was some questionable advice there. ha ha

mowbizz

Reaction score
I had a crank with an Excalibur x-bow I used to have. Hated it. It wobbled like crazy and didn’t seem stable at all.
I also had the RSD crank with my mission x-bow (which I still have) but never used the crank because the crossbow is easy to pull back to cock. I sold the Mission crank.

mowbizz

Reaction score
A rope cocking device came with the bow. It's o.k., but I think it would be difficult to cock the bow in a tree stand. Anyone have experience with the crank type devices?
Take a look at the “4x4 Kocker” by DrStirrup. Canadian made rope cocker and has extra “pulleys” and bigger handles to aid in making cocking easier.

AMT1379

Reaction score
I just want to say how impressed I am that with all the cocking and cracking chatter going on no one has been making juvenile jokes. You folks have really matured....

mowbizz

Reaction score
I might buy one. Debating if it's a $60 improvement.
I know...he doesn’t give them away. I’m going to check the Excalibur Forum...sometimes one comes up for sale.
I’ll post it here.