Closest I came to a buck this year.

VTHunter08

Reaction score
Very cool, Nice find!

I had a similar situation hunting maine probably 10 years ago. Was hunting with my father when we jumped a buck and a doe. Dad took a quick shot and missed. He headed down to where they were to confirm the miss and I told him I'd go out and around by the brook in the direction they headed to see if I could push them back up through. I got down to the brook and stopped to look around and laying 10 yards in front of me was a matching 10 point set with no brow tines! As I picked them up two shots rang out in the direction of dad and in fact I had bumped those two deer back his way and he ended up getting the buck. If memory is correct it was an 8 pointer in the 160lbs range. Fun memory drummed up, thanks junebugg

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
I have plenty of moose sheds to my name, but never once have I found a whitetail shed. I'd be seriously excited to find a set like that.

BDB

Reaction score
Definitely a nice find, especially finding them together!

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Very nice find. I t got me thinking how many I found and best I can remember is 2 sets. I think I may have posted one set I found during bow season maybe 5 years ago. It had Christmas tree lights on one side. The other was a seven pointer I found about .5 miles out my front door. I shot this buck maybe 3 years later and he was still 7 points 175 lbs. The deer was on the other side of RT 201 1.5 miles from where I found the sheds.

Huntermc6

Reaction score
That's an awesome find! I have yet to find a shed in the woods while hunting or scouting.

Latest posts