Chinese Virus

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I don’t know what’s happening in NH but in VT the highest priority cases are done in the state lab and they have the results in about 24 hours. Lower priority tests are done in a number of private out of state labs and the time it takes is all over the map. Higher priority seems to be given to the highest risk patients. I know that’s not particularly helpful Shawn but that’s what I’ve pieced together from the various press conferences I’ve watched. I would guess that it’s the same in most states, they just don’t have the capacity to do them all in house.

JDK

Reaction score
My wife is 7 days with no results

if you look there is new guidance from the CDC about symptoms and no test results

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
The labs are running 24hrs a day 7 days a week...trust me I work for one of them. When they first announced that private reference labs were ready to start testing, we were actually still getting labs built out/setup. The first 2 tests to be available took 3-4 days to perform and you can only run so many through together. THe newer Roche automation process takes ~4hrs for a test to run, that technology got rolled out into another facility and is also running around the clock.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Yeah again, I really don't care where they are going . I'm getting a bad case of cabin fever. I want to know if we are quarantined for nothing or not. There's no way I'm doing this twice. T
The labs are running 24hrs a day 7 days a week...trust me I work for one of them. When they first announced that private reference labs were ready to start testing, we were actually still getting labs built out/setup. The first 2 tests to be available took 3-4 days to perform and you can only run so many through together. THe newer Roche automation process takes ~4hrs for a test to run, that technology got rolled out into another facility and is also running around the clock.
Stay safe Shawn and I appreciate your efforts. That still doesn't explain "business days". If the labs are running 24/7 I just assumed people would hear immediately when results were returned. If they have people sitting at home , full blown quarantine that don't need to be, they will not get the same cooperation the next time. That's just my opinion.

Mikejd

Reaction score
My brother is just getting over Covid. He is a first responder FDNY and it still took them 6 days for results. He was holed up in the house with the wife and 2 small kids waiting on a result. Plus he had FD wanting him back since they are also hurting from this. He has not had a fever in 4 days so they feel he is in the clear. The problem now is the family. They are all symptom free for now. However you could be symptom free for up to 14 days so he is not sure what is going to happen. FD wants him back ASAP but since you can re get this and his family is not out of the 14 day window it could end up being a 20 something day quarantine.

He went in for a chest xray yesterday because of difficulty breathing but he was clear. A friend of his also has it and he to was having trouble breathing so he also went in for the chest xray but his had already turned to pnumonia. Since they are in the low risk at 40 yrs old he was givenmedicine for the pnumonia and sent home.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Yeah again, I really don't care where they are going . I'm getting a bad case of cabin fever. I want to know if we are quarantined for nothing or not. There's no way I'm doing this twice. T

Stay safe Shawn and I appreciate your efforts. That still doesn't explain "business days". If the labs are running 24/7 I just assumed people would hear immediately when results were returned. If they have people sitting at home , full blown quarantine that don't need to be, they will not get the same cooperation the next time. That's just my opinion.
I can understand your frustration and desire to get back to work, but at least construction work is considered “essential” so you should be able to return to work fairly soon and keep working, at least for the most part.

Mikejd

Reaction score
Someone sent me this. Pretty important stuff to know.

Fwd: Just got this from Cornell:

FYI:
Information from Vienna’s laboratory studying COVID-19 say vast majority of people who died had ibuprofen/Advil in their system so do not take it!! Those who recovered did not take ibuprofen so if you have symptoms, take Paracetamol only!!! Looks like this virus thrives on ibuprofen so don’t do it and tell everyone you can!!!

Please pass this information on to everyone in each family. I don't want to miss anyone so share as much as you can. Or copy and paste!

I just spoke with my friend who is a nurse at VGH (Vancouver) and they just learnt that Advil makes the virus 10x worse. Tylenol ONLY for the time being. She said Advil kickstarts the virus into pneumonia.

She also said they are not releasing the correct number of cases on the news and they have patients coming in everyday and some currently on ventilators. Soon they won't have enough room in the hospitals to treat patients and will have to turn people away. They've cancelled all surgeries to use the ORs for available ventilators, but it still won't be enough.

She also said she found some people in there 40s and 50s who were previously healthy to be on ventilators and having major difficulty breathing because they took Advil.

Also 4 doctors at VGH are now infected and she said she has never seen her doctors so worried before. So please no Advil and stay safe!!!

There are a few articles online
No Advil
No Advil or any NSAIDS!!!!

RememberBaker

Reaction score
That’s garbage, there’s like no evidence that’s actually legit.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Someone sent me this. Pretty important stuff to know.

Fwd: Just got this from Cornell:

FYI:
Information from Vienna’s laboratory studying COVID-19 say vast majority of people who died had ibuprofen/Advil in their system so do not take it!! Those who recovered did not take ibuprofen so if you have symptoms, take Paracetamol only!!! Looks like this virus thrives on ibuprofen so don’t do it and tell everyone you can!!!

Please pass this information on to everyone in each family. I don't want to miss anyone so share as much as you can. Or copy and paste!

I just spoke with my friend who is a nurse at VGH (Vancouver) and they just learnt that Advil makes the virus 10x worse. Tylenol ONLY for the time being. She said Advil kickstarts the virus into pneumonia.

She also said they are not releasing the correct number of cases on the news and they have patients coming in everyday and some currently on ventilators. Soon they won't have enough room in the hospitals to treat patients and will have to turn people away. They've cancelled all surgeries to use the ORs for available ventilators, but it still won't be enough.

She also said she found some people in there 40s and 50s who were previously healthy to be on ventilators and having major difficulty breathing because they took Advil.

Also 4 doctors at VGH are now infected and she said she has never seen her doctors so worried before. So please no Advil and stay safe!!!

There are a few articles online
No Advil
No Advil or any NSAIDS!!!!
I had heard something about ibuprofen being bad to take also. You would think they would stress that with all the other directives if it was though. Maybe I missed it.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I had heard something about ibuprofen being bad to take also. You would think they would stress that with all the other directives if it was though. Maybe I missed it.
It’s not true, but go ahead and keep spreading misinformation.

Mikejd

Reaction score
It’s not true, but go ahead and keep spreading misinformation.
You sound like a genius. Or maybe you are treating people.

If it's not true why did the doctor tell my brother Tylenol only. They told him no anti inflamatories at all. He had the fever for four days and he never took any medicine at all because of this recomendation. I don't think anyone really knows for sure at this point.

Last edited:

NH Hunter

Reaction score
My brother is just getting over Covid. He is a first responder FDNY and it still took them 6 days for results. He was holed up in the house with the wife and 2 small kids waiting on a result. Plus he had FD wanting him back since they are also hurting from this. He has not had a fever in 4 days so they feel he is in the clear. The problem now is the family. They are all symptom free for now. However you could be symptom free for up to 14 days so he is not sure what is going to happen. FD wants him back ASAP but since you can re get this and his family is not out of the 14 day window it could end up being a 20 something day quarantine.

He went in for a chest xray yesterday because of difficulty breathing but he was clear. A friend of his also has it and he to was having trouble breathing so he also went in for the chest xray but his had already turned to pnumonia. Since they are in the low risk at 40 yrs old he was givenmedicine for the pnumonia and sent home.
I've read a couple articles dated 3/10 and all said it's very unlikely to be reinfected with the virus. It did state there could be dormant phases or the virus where patients were released too early. We were told today by my wife's doctor that once she is symptom free for 72 hours that her, the kids and myself would all be in the clear. There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there. I'm with whoever stated they would like to see a press conference debunking all data, and release exactly what is known to be true and untrue.

Mikejd

Reaction score
I've read a couple articles dated 3/10 and all said it's very unlikely to be reinfected with the virus. It did state there could be dormant phases or the virus where patients were released too early. We were told today by my wife's doctor that once she is symptom free for 72 hours that her, the kids and myself would all be in the clear. There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there. I'm with whoever stated they would like to see a press conference debunking all data, and release exactly what is known to be true and untrue.
I agree but since you can have the virus for up to 14 days and not know it if someone in the house became infected right before your 72 hours were up you may think they are in the clear and go out and infect others. Then a week later you develop symptoms then what.

I do think you are most likely correct about re getting it because if you develop the antibodies you should be able to fend it off.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I agree but since you can have the virus for up to 14 days and not know it if someone in the house became infected right before your 72 hours were up you may think they are in the clear and go out and infect others. Then a week later you develop symptoms then what.

I do think you are most likely correct about re getting it because if you develop the antibodies you should be able to fend it off.
My wife's doctor called this morning. Gave us false hope that she "should" hear her results today. No call...... but she did ask if we were ALL in the clear after her 72 hours were up and they said yes as long as nobody was showing any symptoms. By that time we would have been all quarantined for 14+ days and that's if she woke up starting the 72 hours tomorrow

Mikejd

Reaction score
My wife's doctor called this morning. Gave us false hope that she "should" hear her results today. No call...... but she did ask if we were ALL in the clear after her 72 hours were up and they said yes as long as nobody was showing any symptoms. By that time we would have been all quarantined for 14+ days and that's if she woke up starting the 72 hours tomorrow
Thats good to hear. This virus is never going away if they cant come up with a test thats faster. My brother said that was the worst part,

Acrossthepond

Reaction score
Over here in the U.K. we are essentially in a lockdown too.
BoJo went on tv a couple of nights ago and announced that we must all stay at home unless we are going shopping, going to work, or exercising. No gatherings of more than 2 people together. Police supposed to break up public gatherings. Many people forced to stay home from work after the business the my worked for has temporarily shut. As far as I understand it they are getting 80%paid leave. Most self employed and small business owners (like myself) have been abandoned completely. Government offering us £85 a week to stay at home. Many small businesses will be completely bankrupt within days/weeks. I am VERY fortunate to be able to work full time currently but I’m not sure where I’ll be in say 3 weeks time. I previously had enough work booked in to see me through until at least Jan 2021 but I have no idea what lies ahead now. Many are being forced to stay at home with basically nothing to live off.
Shops have limited purchases to 2 of each item at the moment due to “panic buying”
You just can’t get toilet paper, pasta, flour, rice, and many other basics at the moment. Fresh fruit and veg isn’t too scarce but there’s no meat at all in the supermarkets.
Most people with guns have interpreted BoJo’s instructions as meaning they don’t have good reason to be out hunting. Police forces have said the same and are threatening to seize guns and revoke Firearms Certificates.
I see it differently.
I will NEED to go hunting in the next few days to shoot a deer or two and stock up the freezer. As far as I’m concerned hunting is both exercise and shopping, so I’m going to crack on and provide for my family.
Good luck to all of you guys, look after yourselves and your families first. I hope things don’t end up as bad as this over there.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Over here in the U.K. we are essentially in a lockdown too.
BoJo went on tv a couple of nights ago and announced that we must all stay at home unless we are going shopping, going to work, or exercising. No gatherings of more than 2 people together. Police supposed to break up public gatherings. Many people forced to stay home from work after the business the my worked for has temporarily shut. As far as I understand it they are getting 80%paid leave. Most self employed and small business owners (like myself) have been abandoned completely. Government offering us £85 a week to stay at home. Many small businesses will be completely bankrupt within days/weeks. I am VERY fortunate to be able to work full time currently but I’m not sure where I’ll be in say 3 weeks time. I previously had enough work booked in to see me through until at least Jan 2021 but I have no idea what lies ahead now. Many are being forced to stay at home with basically nothing to live off.
Shops have limited purchases to 2 of each item at the moment due to “panic buying”
You just can’t get toilet paper, pasta, flour, rice, and many other basics at the moment. Fresh fruit and veg isn’t too scarce but there’s no meat at all in the supermarkets.
Most people with guns have interpreted BoJo’s instructions as meaning they don’t have good reason to be out hunting. Police forces have said the same and are threatening to seize guns and revoke Firearms Certificates.
I see it differently.
I will NEED to go hunting in the next few days to shoot a deer or two and stock up the freezer. As far as I’m concerned hunting is both exercise and shopping, so I’m going to crack on and provide for my family.
Good luck to all of you guys, look after yourselves and your families first. I hope things don’t end up as bad as this over there.
stay safe and I hope work pans out for you.