Chinese Virus

NH Hunter

Reaction score
This “first paragraph” is enough to convince me that this garbage should not become law. NHH if you’re okay with this, we are certainly on different pages.

To authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award grants to eligible entities to conduct diagnostic testing for COVID–19, and related activities such as contact tracing, through mobile health units and, as necessary, at individuals’ residences, and for other purposes.

I'm not "with anything". I just don't see the language in it that equates to what the guy on the video said. I see no place where it says they can take your kids or your family members.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Really? I didn’t read the resolution, I admit but just the thought of what these liberal people might be trying to put forth regarding getting deeper into the lives of Americans in general. Just give me the heebie jeebies. No one is “TRACING” me I guarantee.
Again... I'm not arguing it's not a thing. But your own video speaks of "division". I don't doubt that's what's taking place. It almost feels like a test to see how much of the American peoples freedom we'll tolerate being taken away. We've seen censorship, Waaaaaaay too many hypocritical rules, fear mongering and inconsistent reports. All that equals division.

Do I think the virus is real? Yes I do. I can tell you I wouldn't want underlying health issues, I'm glad I'm not over the age of 60 and sure as hell thankful I'm not either of these two in a nursing home. Do I think there are people drinking way too much kool aid and getting the living shit scared out of them? Friggin right I do. I called about getting a pair of sneakers today. I was told one customer in the store at a time. Really? Have any of those idiots been to a grocery store?!!! I can see not having more than 10 at a time. I get it, but one at a time?

Socially I haven't seen anything take over nightly television like this since the friggin OJ trial. Now factor in social media and Youtube..... that's a perfect recipe for simpleton based fear. I heard Legion baseball was going go have tryouts starting 6/25. All kids will be required to have temps taken, and wear masks prior to games and practices. We were mandated for scheduled water breaks years ago because of heat exhaustion, but now have kids that worked in grocery stores for a month wear a mask playing baseball outside in June, July and August??!!!! Really.... I mean what could go wrong there??!! That'll be fun legging out a ball in the gap stretching a double to a triple.

mbVT

Administrator
Reaction score
I think there's too much fear on one side, and too much conspiracy on the other. The truth, as with most things, is probably in the middle.
I have no trouble wearing a mask to keep others safe...call me a sheep...I carried a rifle to keep others safe, too, plus wore kevlar and a helmet to keep me safe. This is small.
I also have stood around in driveways for the last month to have a beer with my buddies.
I think a measured approach is reasonable, and the rural life I lead seems pretty measured at this point.
I don't believe things are as bad or as good as are claimed. Unfortunately, science doesn't do absolutes, so we'll never 'know'. I do believe the USA will settle down and get back to some semblance of normal in the next month or three - most people have never contempated their own mortality, and it scares the bejesus out of them. A lot of these consipiracy theories are pretty far out there. I'd recommend not paying too much attention. I'll wait to react about these things when they start knocking on my door...

Grandkid

Reaction score
No way no how am I letting some state agency test or track me!
Time to vote them all out.
Roger-

groundtender

Reaction score
I think there's too much fear on one side, and too much conspiracy on the other. The truth, as with most things, is probably in the middle.
I have no trouble wearing a mask to keep others safe...call me a sheep...I carried a rifle to keep others safe, too, plus wore kevlar and a helmet to keep me safe. This is small.
I also have stood around in driveways for the last month to have a beer with my buddies.
I think a measured approach is reasonable, and the rural life I lead seems pretty measured at this point.
I don't believe things are as bad or as good as are claimed. Unfortunately, science doesn't do absolutes, so we'll never 'know'. I do believe the USA will settle down and get back to some semblance of normal in the next month or three - most people have never contempated their own mortality, and it scares the bejesus out of them. A lot of these consipiracy theories are pretty far out there. I'd recommend not paying too much attention. I'll wait to react about these things when they start knocking on my door...
Well said Boss.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Legion season cancelled. Babe Ruth cancelled last week. No baseball for teenagers this summer.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Legion season cancelled. Babe Ruth cancelled last week. No baseball for teenagers this summer.
That stinks. Got an email last night that summer travel lax is still on for my oldest, yet there won’t be travel tournaments outside Maine. What? So you still want our money, but she’s just going to practice all summer. Pass.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
That really suks. Will probably be the same here. This was my son's big year to show off for the colleges. (junior). He missed last year due to an injury. At least he got some good video last fall for football and we have a couple of colleges interested so far.

Mainewoods

Reaction score

This entire thing started with me personally believing them while saying "stay at home. There isn't enough ventilators." Now the doctors are "rethinking" their approach? I understand we are learning on the fly about this, but they told us things as if it were fact.
Same camp as you in the beginning, but this is getting way out of hand. Can't do a drive by birthday party in NJ, WFT? People have literally lost their minds, and never mind their livelihood and savings. My daughter is six and out riding her bike in the neighborhood with the other kids, and at first we were like, "stay six feet apart!" Next thing you know, they are all climbing the same tree together, haha. Now we are are like, party on kids because what's done is done.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Local leagues can still play in Babe Ruth, theres just no national tournament trail. I'm still hoping to run my league even if we start in July.
They told us no fields were available because they are school fields and will remain closed

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
They told us no fields were available because they are school fields and will remain closed
Yeah, thats true here too, but the optimistic among us are thinking we can get our games in using non-school fields and some doubleheaders. None of my teams will play unless its deemed safe anyway - but we're putting the league together based on the chance it might be safe.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I actually did something I thought I'd never do.... I made a YouTube video about MLB players like Blake Snell and Bryce Harper not willing to play because of possibly getting "the Rona". Ted Williams gave up 5 years of his career to fly a plane with the enemy shooting at him. These whine ass' don't want to take the field because of a virus and their salary being cut in half due to playing a half season.

Latest posts