Chinese Virus

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Yes. Our schools are trying to figure things out. Joe Rogan had a doctor on today that made some sense of what's going on and what's going to more than likely happen.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
..... and the shit ticket shortage is a bit annoying!!! I missed the boat on buying a pallet of shit tickets, but I've got a case of Desitin and chapstick for those with a baaaaad case of ring sting!!!

Grandkid

Reaction score
My son's high school just closed for two weeks. All sports cancelled.
Anyone else feeling any effects from this?
My sisters daughter's high school championship game is postponed....

Roger-

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Falmouth schools closed today for two weeks. Luckily I was at the liquor store when I got the word so I double stocked. This virus ain’t no joke.

Last edited:

mowbizz

Reaction score
Being retired, it just the lack of stuff on the shelves that is affecting us. No kids at home. We have a pretty good supply of salmon, trout and venison if it comes to that....oh and plenty of ammo. Might need to go to the Seacoast to help a daughter with babysitting so she can work (if the schools close)

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
My oldest son is head of production for a company in California that makes commercials
Some of their clients are Burger King , Dunkins , Pepsi , Coke , GM , etc.
He called me last nite and said every company has cancelled or delayed all new advertising contracts until May.
They went from 90 percent filming capacity down to Zero ads under contract.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
Maybe I just live a sheltered life, but I feel like this is a huge over reaction.

We went grocery shopping last night, and the store was damn near picked clean.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Maybe I just live a sheltered life, but I feel like this is a huge over reaction.

I felt the same way..... Until I listened to that doctor I posted. Then I read how Italy did the same thing. I think the reality of how bad its going to get won't hit until someone we know or associate with is dealing with the symptoms.

In the above video the doctor addresses the Italy situation. They are picking who lives and who dies because they don't have the machinery or man power to save everyone. That in it self makes me think for a second.

Mainewoods

Reaction score

Over 15,000 cases in Italy and 1200 deaths and counting. Those are not odds that I want to expose grandparents or people with compromised immune systems to.

The panic buying to things like TP is crazy, but closing schools, and major gatherings, etc, is the right thing to do.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
My daughter was studying in Italy this semester until 2 weeks ago when the college decided to bring them home. We were quarantined briefly after the State decided she needed to be tested, but was negative. Since then her college has sent everyone home and they’re finishing the semester on line.

Meatseeker

Reaction score
My son's high school was closed for this week and they will re-evaluate at the end of the week. Daughter's college is closed for the rest of the year. They are switching to on-line classes next week. She is a senior, not sure if they are going to have commencement or not. All travel and meetings at work are cancelled indefinitely.

The panic buying is ridiculous. However, I do not think think all of the closures, travel restrictions and cancellations are an over reaction at all. Might be an under reaction. From Monday to Friday this week the death toll in Italy doubled every day. Our health care system is not capable of handling a mass epidemic like this. I personally think we are only a matter of days from a big escalation and possibly Italy like restrictions.

Be safe and take this shit seriously.

Dirigoboy

Reaction score
I think this issue is being whipped up in to a frenzy needlessly. I'm not reading about any healthy people who are dying because of it. I think they do get sick to one degree or the other, but that it's not fatal. The one's who are the most susceptible are the elderly, or those who generally are in poorer health----but I think that is generally the case.
And of course, the assorted asshats are trying to make political hay with it as well. I think if you just shut off your t.v. take a sane approach to exposure and follow recommended protocols you'll be okay. I'm really tired (and disgusted) with those who are trying to yell fire in a crowded theatre.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
People can be positive and be asymptotic. That’s a huge problem. You’ve got people spreading it with no way to know they are carrying it.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
People can be positive and be asymptotic. That’s a huge problem. You’ve got people spreading it with no way to know they are carrying it.
As well as people spreading their opinions as if it was fact without doing a stitch of research. That's just as bad of a problem since they'll be the ones possibly giving it to their Aunts, Uncles, parents or grandparents.

JDK

Reaction score
I just found out that an acquaintance of ours is a presumptive case and was life flighted to Boston. He has a severe underlying medical condition and according to his wife it isn’t good. If it is, they believe he contracted it in Boston. If true, it would be the first case here

the panic buying is stupid

Big D

Reaction score
Panic buying is pretty crazy. Most stores were cleaned out the past couple of days. A friend was at cabelas a day ago and said the ammo and guns were pretty much wiped out. He was buying a shotgun and he's not a hunter or gun owner until yesterday. Guess he's looking to protect his TP supply. I'm happy to report that our local grocery store had plenty of meat, and produce today. A little low on soup and pasta though. Didn't check the TP aisle. Probably wiped out. Scouted the local Walmart and they had plenty of shotguns and ammo. Not sure why everyone needs so much TP as it doesn't really give you the shits for the most part. I work for the biggest healthcare facility in the state and am probably more up to date on things than most and am not overly worried. Probably my biggest concern is my wife who is 9 months pregnant and is going to be delivering next Thursday. Got to get in and out under the cover of darkness.:cool: Wash your hands. A lot.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I ventured out in broad daylight this morning to do some much needed grocery shopping...the Hannaford store in Bristol was well stocked with everything...except TP. No problem as we have enough and I spent a bit more than usual under the circumstances with the underlying thought we may have to hunker down at some point as my wife and I are 70 (me) and 68. We are both healthy so I don’t see anything to be worried about for the foreseeable future.
She works in retail part time and is a musician/organist for a local church so she has some exposure to the public.
I would add that the Hannaford store really had all hands on deck stocking shelves. Good on them!

Last edited:

Latest posts