Check your Garmin GPS

tobydog

Reaction score

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you (or anyone else) used this one specifically? I had one of these years ago and it ruined my cell phone battery. Not sure, but my guess is that the technology has advanced enough to not have that happen again.
No I haven’t used this one specifically, was just using it as an example. The one I got was whatever they had at Rite Aid pharmacy it works fine.

frontierrots

Reaction score
I have OnX on my phone and a garmin Astro 320 handheld that we use alone or in conjunction with the dog tracking collar

the OnX on phone sucks battery especially if almost out of cell service range so it’s struggling

the garmin holds battery a long time if not looking at it at night a lot

Both have strong points but if you were going to force me to just have one it would be the garmin

if you ask my husband he says neither as he’s a straight up map and compass guy

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
I have OnX on my phone and a garmin Astro 320 handheld that we use alone or in conjunction with the dog tracking collar

the OnX on phone sucks battery especially if almost out of cell service range so it’s struggling

the garmin holds battery a long time if not looking at it at night a lot

Both have strong points but if you were going to force me to just have one it would be the garmin

if you ask my husband he says neither as he’s a straight up map and compass guy
Put the phone in airplane mode...GPS still works. YOu will get a full day out of your battery

NH Hunter

Reaction score
my Garmin is acting a bit weird too. It will turn itself off with brand new batteries. I have the 60cx as well. It is ten years old so it could be that. Not a good thing if you don't trust your gps. I do carry 3 compasses with me at all times so not worried about getting lost as much as I'm worried about losing a decade worth of way points , scrapes, rubs and everything in between. I know I can do a download to my desktop, but if they were hacked that kind of weirds me a out a bit.

Latest posts