Centerfire for coyotes in NH

12point

Reaction score
I live in southern NH and am considering a gun for varmints. I know that fish and game requires only certain firearms be used in what we call " shotgun only" towns while hunting deer. The use of certain firearms for coyote does not seem to be called out in the laws. I am a responsible hunter and am looking to hunt Londonderry and Litchfield areas and would only use varmint rounds to avoid ricochets on firm snow covered ground. Is anyone aware of towns legislating against this ? Thanks.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I live in southern NH and am considering a gun for varmints. I know that fish and game requires only certain firearms be used in what we call " shotgun only" towns while hunting deer. The use of certain firearms for coyote does not seem to be called out in the laws. I am a responsible hunter and am looking to hunt Londonderry and Litchfield areas and would only use varmint rounds to avoid ricochets on firm snow covered ground. Is anyone aware of towns legislating against this ? Thanks.
Towns usually regulate firearms use by declaring areas “compact zones” Meaning no firearms can be discharged. Fish and Game laws dictate all other firearms use… brush up on your hunting rule book!

Latest posts