Cellular cams?

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Who’s using them? Which ones? Which features do you like? The reviews are all over the place and I’d like to stick with one brand so I can manage them from one app. I notice some can be tracked by gps, I like that if it works. I’ve been leaning towards the Tactacam’s.

lester2

Reaction score
I have a SPYPOINT cell link device connected to a regular Moultrie cam. Works good but the picture quality is not very good. Also have a Tactacam Reveal, I like that much better, good quality pictures, both day and night. $8/month for the cellular plan.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Just set my first Tactacam Reveal XB and have not received many pictures. I think it will be okay but need more time to evaluate.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
The only experience I have dealing with cell cams was a few years ago moose scouting. My sub permittee had a couple Spypoints . He was curious how well they worked, so we set one of my brownings directly under it on the same tree. I forget the exact number of missed animals it had but was more than half of what I had video of on the browning. I've heard guys say the Tactacams are good but have zero experience with them.

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Just remember with the tactacams that it takes the picture, saves it to card and then sends it to your phone before it will take another picture. With only a couple bars of service (typical around me) it takes 45sec-1minute between pictures

mowbizz

Reaction score
I have a SPYPOINT that was gifted to me and I don’t think they are worth the troubles and cost…very grainy unless you get the premium package which I didn’t do. I’ll stick with my brownings. I might use the SPYPOInt as a regular camera and just check the cards like my others.

Latest posts