Camera's ...... what's everyone using? Do you like them, hate them, regrets?

802-603hunter

Reaction score

Not a bad price if they work. .2-.7 trigger speed is a pretty big gap.
Is your “if they work” comment based on bad experiences? I might be looking for a couple more. I have a couple Browning cams and like them, but I couldn’t tell you what model they are. Maybe I’m easily confused but there seems to be a metric shit-ton of models (past and present) without a lot of discernible difference to the untrained eye.

Reaction score
Bear smell your scent on the camera wear rubber gloves if you don’t want them to touch them
Nope, I hung one last September and left it until May. Had pics right along until deep snow, both deer and bear. The cam was at the edge of a beech grove. Started getting pics again in April when the snow was almost gone and both deer and bear were back in feeding on old beechnuts. End of April a bear chomped it. Pretty sure there was no human scent at that time.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Nope, I hung one last September and left it until May. Had pics right along until deep snow, both deer and bear. The cam was at the edge of a beech grove. Started getting pics again in April when the snow was almost gone and both deer and bear were back in feeding on old beechnuts. End of April a bear chomped it. Pretty sure there was no human scent at that time.
Oh well. Plastic loving bear . lol

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Is your “if they work” comment based on bad experiences? I might be looking for a couple more. I have a couple Browning cams and like them, but I couldn’t tell you what model they are. Maybe I’m easily confused but there seems to be a metric shit-ton of models (past and present) without a lot of discernible difference to the untrained eye.
Watch post 11 and you'll see what my comment means. That camera was faced directly in line with the tote road. I walked the tote road to the camera and it picked me up Waaaaaaay too late. Now watch the next video of the BTC -7 2015 Browning Recon FHD I post.

lester2

Reaction score
I currently have 7 cams, all different brands. Couple Bushnell, couple Moultries, a Wildgame, an HCO, and I think the last one is a Covert. Seeing as how they all fail eventually I only by them on sale, usually at Midway, and never for more than $50-$60. The HCO is my oldest and it just keeps on keeping on, gotta be about 6-7 years old now. I read somewhere recently that the bear attraction to cameras was the scent given off by the batteries, maybe lithium’s? Never had one chewed or knocked around but up until this year I’ve always used alkaline batteries. We’ll see if any I have lithium’s in get messed with!

tobydog

Reaction score

NH Hunter

Reaction score

41mag

Reaction score
got sick of them getting stolen so stopped using them for the last couple of years. bought a new house that includes and borders on some great land and have seen several deer. since this will be on my property, i decided to buy, also because it was on sale on Amazon for $67. I'll see how it does.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BHLVXF7/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
My son got me the same one, hope to put it up this weekend.
We shall see.......

bmiller

Reaction score
ive been having good luck with the Primos Bullet proof trail cam , i like that it only uses 4 AA batteries and takes a good picture

Meatseeker

Reaction score
I've had good luck with Stealthcams. I've had 4 of them that are going on 5 years and still going strong. Pic and video quality is decent and I can usually find them for less than $100

41mag

Reaction score
Put mine out last night.
So, I stuck it up in the back yard for a few days. Target range is farther than I thought, picks me up parking in the driveway and also did a few walk thrus at night to check out the side sensor range.
No videos as I did not have them enabled.
Here's a sample shot:

Attachments

tobydog

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have only been able to get back to mine once for a few mins since I put it out. Question, when I tried to play the pics back on the onboard screen, it was like the camera was off. Totally black screen and unresponsive. I had to leave in a hurry so I did not mess with it too much. Have you played pics back on the onboard screen?

41mag

Reaction score
Yes.
I think you have to switch back to setup mode, then hit replay.
I'll have to look to be sure.
Then you can delete as you scroll thru them.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Whats a fast trigger speed? I see some "brand" names stating .75 second trigger speed and some knock-off brands saying .3 seconds. Seems like a big difference, but I have no frame of reference with speed, maybe .75 is fast?

Latest posts