Cam Check

Big D

Reaction score
Looks like you found your target deer for this season. Even has a name. Should be easy to recognize.:)

mowbizz

Reaction score
Ahhh...I see now! I was seeing the pics with the deer facing to the right which made it look to me like a moose calf...optical delusion! :LOL:

JDK

Reaction score
She was tagged in March 2019 over 6 miles away from the house at a yard on the Canadian border. The satellite tag shows that she has been in my yard more than once. She sure seems to roam an awful lot.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
That's pretty neat JDK. I was listening to a podcast this week with the Maine deer biologist who works on that project. If I am not mistaken he said they had one doe that traveled 100 miles, and many that were around 50 miles for season migration.

Junebugg2.0

Reaction score
There is a collared / tagged doe that winters down here near Lewey lake that traveled back to Ashland this spring...110 miles as the crow flies. I spoke with one of the biologists involved & this study that they are doing... I guess...will be published somewhere in the near future. Some very interesting and surprising stuff for sure!

JDK

Reaction score
According to IFW she is an adult doe. They sent me the tag data. How I haven’t seen her is a surprise

she winters on a farm where there is a feeder

Latest posts