Called In And Shot My 1st Coyote

Davey

Reaction score
I recently purchased a FoxPro WildFire electronic caller and got to use it for the 1st time this morning. I setup bright and early this morning on a hillside next to a field. I started off using an "adult cottontail distress" call for about 2 minutes then silent for a minute and then again for 2 minutes and silent for one minute then changed to "baby cottontail distress" and about 30 seconds later I spotted this coyote coming in from down wind, she spotted my Primos Sit'N Spin predator decoy and walked within 50 yards of me. One shot to the head with a 22 mag dropped her, what a rush it was seeing her come in to the call, I'm definitely hooked now.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mikejd

Reaction score
Nice job.

What was your sent control like. Me and a few hunting buddies have tried a few times with no luck. Our scent control is not that great and I can only assume that's our problem.

Davey

Reaction score
Nice job.

What was your sent control like. Me and a few hunting buddies have tried a few times with no luck. Our scent control is not that great and I can only assume that's our problem.
I actually didn't use any scent control and it was pretty windy this morning too, at one point she stopped and I thought she winded me but then she started looking left to right, that's when I shot her.

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Nice! Gotta try calling in a yote sometime!

Last edited:

rpc55

Reaction score
awesome, I remember calling in my first coyotes. A pair came in together, only one left. Been hooked ever since....

Mikejd

Reaction score
I actually didn't use any scent control and it was pretty windy this morning too, at one point she stopped and I thought she winded me but then she started looking left to right, that's when I shot her.
The wind may have been helpful.

Davey

Reaction score
congrats. very exciting hunt, you are now hooked. what state you in
I'm from Connecticut and shot it in Ct, hey Skinner, you're from Maine right ? I hunt birds every October up around Mattawamkeag\Molunkus area,what part of Maine are you from?