Cabela's Rubber boots on sale

mowbizz

Reaction score
Lol I looked at those last week and was going to buy a pair with my gift card but they only went up to size 12 (at the Hooksett store)

NH Hunter

Reaction score
boots came today. I'm pretty happy with them for what I've got into them. Even if they blow out at the end of deer season not a bad deal. I might have to pick up another pair. Ankle support seems good and the sole seems pretty aggressive so I won't be sliding down on wet leaves at least.

mowbizz

Reaction score
boots came today. I'm pretty happy with them for what I've got into them. Even if they blow out at the end of deer season not a bad deal. I might have to pick up another pair. Ankle support seems good and the sole seems pretty aggressive so I won't be sliding down on wet leaves at least.
Haha now that you said that, you’ll be taking a wicked header!
I recall a few “headers” over the years...when you least expect it too! I remember watching a doe in her bed in VT one time. I was pretty close...within 50’ finally her butt came up and she did that nervous walk from the shelf she was on and stepped over the shelf and out of sight. I waited a few then pussyfooted to her bed to study it a bit. There was a thin coat of snow on the wet leaves...the spot she went down was thick as hell and quite steep...I stepped off and immediately went into a slide through the dense flora for about 20 feet! Bounced off a couple good rocks too. But then again, I was young!

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Haha now that you said that, you’ll be taking a wicked header!
I recall a few “headers” over the years...when you least expect it too! I remember watching a doe in her bed in VT one time. I was pretty close...within 50’ finally her butt came up and she did that nervous walk from the shelf she was on and stepped over the shelf and out of sight. I waited a few then pussyfooted to her bed to study it a bit. There was a thin coat of snow on the wet leaves...the spot she went down was thick as hell and quite steep...I stepped off and immediately went into a slide through the dense flora for about 20 feet! Bounced off a couple good rocks too. But then again, I was young!
I usually don't wipe out because of bad boots. I'm usually gotten by the stick that jumps up, grabs the back ankle of my left foot, and the front ankle of my right. Then it's pretty much what you just described.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I usually don't wipe out because of bad boots. I'm usually gotten by the stick that jumps up, grabs the back ankle of my left foot, and the front ankle of my right. Then it's pretty much what you just described.
By the way Mr Blaisdell called me back this evening. He said to send him a story and pics and he would see about getting it in the next book. Not sure if it will be in the actual records but perhaps an honorable mention type of deal. Either way I appreciate your letting me know about him! Thank you!
Now to find out when that book comes out!

NH Hunter

Reaction score
By the way Mr Blaisdell called me back this evening. He said to send him a story and pics and he would see about getting it in the next book. Not sure if it will be in the actual records but perhaps an honorable mention type of deal. Either way I appreciate your letting me know about him! Thank you!
Now to find out when that book comes out!

That's very cool. I'll see a friend of mine today that may know how often the books are printed and released.

Latest posts