BWB 7600 35 Whelen

Reaction score
I just would like them to be available with a nicer wood stock (straight comb), but without any engraving or gold inlay crap in carbine (30-06, 308, or 35 whelen).

NorthMaine

Reaction score
I just would like them to be available with a nicer wood stock (straight comb), but without any engraving or gold inlay crap in carbine (30-06, 308, or 35 whelen).
I believe this one will be more in line with what you are describing compared to what the last version was with the gold engraving and such.

Reaction score
lol I have plenty in my own collection, ;) thanks. Had three of the 35 Whelen but sold them all as I ended up using the 30-06 more. Plus got tired of the ammo availability constantly changing. Just doesn't make sense why they don't offer it normally. Every time someone makes a special run or like they did with that anniversary edition they tend to make them with nicer wood and straight comb. Ditch the engraving crap and just offer it that way normally. I actually prefer the 760 model but have some nephews coming of age that will most likely be interested and know many others over the years that prefer that then some of the other variations.

Last edited:
Reaction score
NiceCollection! Do you have a 35 Whelen carbine with a wood stock? That’s what the three in the picture are.
No, I had three Whelen's a while back and ended up selling them all later on as I didn't use them as much as I thought I would, great caliber though. I prefer 30-06, 308, and 45-70

longbow

Reaction score
No, I had three Whelen's a while back and ended up selling them all later on as I didn't use them as much as I thought I would, great caliber though. I prefer 30-06, 308, and 45-70
I know what you mean about the ammo. I just bought a few more boxes of 35 Whelen, Federal trophy bonded bear claw 225 grain from Kittery so I should have enough for a long time.

Reaction score
I know what you mean about the ammo. I just bought a few more boxes of 35 Whelen, Federal trophy bonded bear claw 225 grain from Kittery so I should have enough for a long time.
Glad you were able to pick up some more boxes. That's what I use to use when Federal made them originally, then stopped for a long time. Then several years ago they started making it again, now last year they stopped lol. Just make the ammo and keep making it ! :D

Last edited:

longbow

Reaction score
Glad you were able to pick up some more boxes. That's what I use to use when Federal made them originally, then stopped for a long time. Then several years ago they started making it again, now last year they stopped lol. Just make the ammo and keep making it ! :D
Yeah that bear claw is a great bullet

Grandkid

Reaction score
You guys are killing me. I need another one to keep up with Longbow! So I have reserved #5 in the BWB model. Can't wait! My grandkids are gonna love me more than they already do....

Roger-

Grandkid

Reaction score
Thanks......Longbow your the head of the pack when it comes to 35 Whelens.

Roger-