Bow fishing forum

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
I'd want to know how many actual bow fishermen we have here before opening up a forum for it. It seems like when opening a very specific forum like this one, we generally need like 10 members to say that they would be regular posters. Otherwise....it sits....empty....for days and days and weeks and months....

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Yup. My days of touring other sites looking for new members ended a couple years ago, but the same time HuntingChat dried up.

hnter1018

Reaction score
That problem with hunting forums is TOO MANY sub forums are created and it creates a giant headache trying to navigate to the one you want. I have seen it on other forums and it becomes the kiss of death. Half the sub forums on here could go and no one would be the wiser.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Why not start a thread about bow fishing in one of the existing forums and see how much interest it gets? Maybe either the archery or fishing forums, or both? I've done it before for gar and carp. Just a thought.

ph11

Reaction score
I looked into bow fishing a little last year because a pond I fish in up the road has some real big carp. From what I read it Mass it seemed that you still needed to abide by setback laws from the road and homes. Many bodies of water near me have roads right around them and some have houses and buildings very close too. I dont know how strictly it is enforced but bowfishing in Mass isnt very common so didnt want to get in trouble. Was going to call environmental to find out rules, but honestly just got lazy and never did it. Would be fun to do in the spring and summer.

VTwoodchuck

Reaction score
I think I posted that last bow fishing story and would post more!

BTW I shot a snakehead fish last time in VA and was surprised that it may have been the best tasting fish I ever had.....really!

Last edited:

ojibwa

Reaction score
I think I posted that last bow fishing story and would post more!

BTW I shot a snakehead fish last time in VA and was surprised that it may have been the best tasting fish I ever had.....really!
People would be surprised at what fish are really good ,the jumping carp that are infesting many of this countries Rivers are excellent eating....it we would start fishing them commercially there would be no issues..