Boot Recommendations

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Makes sense, but its painful to try and cross a brook with anything other than 16"+ rubber boots. I wear my hiking boots any time I can, because my feet rarely get cold, but if the snow is more than a few inches deep, or I'm in an area with swamps and springs, I always end up in too deep, forcing me to stick with the rubber boots.
What makes even more sense to me at least is a lightweight warm comfortable boot hunting all day in than to wear an uncomfortable boot all day " just in case " I might have to walk across a stream deeper than 10 inches . I usually just tie my boots tight at the top and run across and hardly ever get water in my boots . If I do its just a tiny bit around the rim. The tall uncomfortable boots only makes sense to me if you plan on standing around in a swamp all day . Surely not for hunting 5- 8 miles through the woods. I can usually find a place to cross over a downed tree or skip over rocks within a couple hundred yards . But everyone has their own comfort level. Thats why they make so many different style boots

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Its probably why I wear them out so fast too. I guess they just aren't designed for mileage like that. I have many double digit mileage days in the Aero's and they were awesome, but RIP....

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
For 79 bucks you should try the boots I posted. Light, comfortable, waterproof, durable very easy on and off(one of the best features).

Just ordered another pair, couldn't resist at that price. Put them in storage for a while. :)

Last edited:

mowbizz

Reaction score
Never used to use rubber boots til just a few years ago when boots like Muck began to appear. Now it’s my go to boot for a man in his 70’s. Easy on and off and pretty warm.
Back in the day my choice was Dunham boots. As I aged my feet have become Sasquatch level...14 www and boots are harder to find.
My biggest fear with the Mucks is swampy edges which will suck you in while almost losing your boot trying to free your feet. I avoid those edges like the plague now.
My brother has always sworn by Schnee boots which are expensive but are very tall and with a lace up leather top and LL Bean style rubber bottom. Nice boot that lets him go anywhere he wants to.
I can’t put on the “miles” anymore because my hips will scream like hell if I try to still hunt. It’s about comfort and ease of use now.

WetWool

Reaction score
OutdoorMaster nubber hunting boot, light and waterproof, $50 amazon. :cool:

Latest posts