Boot Recommendations

mowbizz

Reaction score
I have no experience with leather lined bots. I talked footwear with a NH CO with a K9 who does a fair share of mountain rescues. He swore by the Lowa leather lined hiking boots he had.
The way I see it is leather lining in a leather boot is good but leather inside a non breathable rubber boot can’t be good. Who knows?
That’s a lot of $$ to test them!

philoneshot

Reaction score
I have a pair of Kenetrek Men's Mountain Extreme 400 Boots and Bog's Men's Classic High Boots for cold weather. To be honest. I always took the additional pair in my backpack for different cases. Also, you can find reviews of different boots on the UtOS website. I have chosen my mountain boots there. But, in general, as I 've already learned, you should choose your boots according to the conditions where you are going to hunt.

TheMule

Reaction score
I really love my Muck Boots for normal cold days. They are insulated and completely waterproof. I bought a size bigger and wear a thin pair of silk sock (trust me buy them) and a thick thermal over it. When it's really cold (below 0), I opt for full calf coverage from my North Face winter boot. I find that having the coverage up to my knee keeps my feet warmer much longer.