Big NY State Buck

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Saw this on another site. Thought that some that hunt NY would find it interesting. Apparently the hunter who shot this buck has just passed away and it was given to an acquaintance who wrote the following. "The story behind this buck is that it was shot in the early 1960's near Lake Placid, New York. The buck field dressed at 250 pounds. This was the first and only time that the hunter went deer hunting. He said that he would never top this deer so, why bother? He was a funny guy. The buck has 16 points and was never scored."

Attachments

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Thats a smasher. We did a job over in Lake Placid and I liked the looks of the woods over thrre. Nice mix of spruce/fir and hardwoods. Looks like nice woods to hunt, I just can't seem to stop myself from heading east in the fall though....

Browseline

Reaction score
I'd like to see a buck in the woods with antlers like that. Thanks for the picture.

vtbbhunter

Reaction score
great buck, I have spent some time hunting in that area, some great bucks around. had gone out during a blizzard with my old 94 and tracked a good buck to his bed, I had knocked so much snow into my gun it was froze when I saw him in his bed at20 steps, so much ice had built up in the hammer it wouldn't cock

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
Thats a smasher. We did a job over in Lake Placid and I liked the looks of the woods over thrre. Nice mix of spruce/fir and hardwoods. Looks like nice woods to hunt, I just can't seem to stop myself from heading east in the fall though....
I'd like to go over there too. Just sucks you have to de-bone your deer before bringing it back.