Beards

JDK

Reaction score
My wife informed me that I am starting to get grey hair. At the last sporting event we went to, a friend picked me out from across the auditorium by my white beard.

My question, does a white beard spook game?

mowbizz

Reaction score
I think the opposite of “spook”
What does a relaxed whitetail do? They casually, flick their tail...
Although a white beard moving in the wind would no doubt get a look/stare, I would bet that deer might try to get a closer look (if the wind was right)
Just my thinking of course (I have a long white beard) ;)

WetWool

Reaction score
My wife informed me that I am starting to get grey hair. At the last sporting event we went to, a friend picked me out from across the auditorium by my white beard.

I think isolation is getting to you based on this choice of thread starters!😗

SportsmanNH

Reaction score

The way I " see " it is you have 2 choices.

! ) You could leave like it is and flick it now and then to use yourself as a decoy. If a buck sees it he might come running in thinking you are a hot Doe
flicking her tail cause she is ready.
On the other hand , doing that might get you shot by an itchy finger hunter with an Any Deer permit .

2 ) You could dye it orange so everyone within 300 yards will know you are there. Or dye it camo to keep yourself hidden ! :D

Last edited:

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score

I often thought it may, so I stated using a beard wash die to dull the white.....

Last edited:
Reactions: JDK

Russell Bro.

Reaction score
Got a good laugh out of this one.

also had the same question and am only halfway through my 30s

Big D

Reaction score
I think you're good. I'm only a couple years away from being totally gray myself. No issues. I tell people that I dye it gray on purpose.;)

RAM

Reaction score
No Joke... some years ago, I was bow hunting and had a doe come in only to hang up. She appeared to be feeding away. Well, I pulled out my white snot rag and gave it a couple shakes. Wouldn't you know it... she was curious, came in for a closer look, and I had fresher inner loins for dinner that night!

You never know what they might do!

jacinda

Reaction score
The way I " see " it is you have 2 choices.

! ) You could leave like it is and flick it now and then to use yourself as a decoy. If a buck sees it he might come running in thinking you are a hot Doe
flicking her tail cause she is ready.
On the other hand , doing that might get you shot by an itchy finger hunter with an Any Deer permit .

2 ) You could dye it orange so everyone within 300 yards will know you are there. Or dye it camo to keep yourself hidden ! :D
agree

JDK

Reaction score
My post truly was in jest and I love the responses. That said, I did start to think about it when an acquaintance picked me out of a crowd of 3000+ at the Cross Auditorium. He was on the other side from us and said my beard stuck out like a sore thumb.

I do think I’ll dye it the color of old mans beard. Fitting in a couple of ways:LOL:

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
No one found humor in my obsession with tigers.....

Yeah, the just for men beard wash is great. Looks really natural and if you use it every day is pretty gradual. Once you get it where you want, just use it every 3rd day or so. I was pretty much full white and went to a gradual mossy oak camo look over 2-3 weeks.

Latest posts