Bear Hunting NJ

Papa_r0n

Reaction score
Guess the Dip Shits in NJ finally see the light?

Just for now !
Don’t hold your breath !
As soon as Phil Murphy or any other Democrat Governor or prospective politician has the Dangling Carrot of political support in front of them , we’ll be back in the same boat.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
The bear permit is only two dollars even for nonresidents , but of course you need a gun license also. If anyone is thinking about going I would be happy to give you some info on areas.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I bet it’ll just be a short delay. They’re going to have to prove that they have a population estimate that’s somewhat valid and then it’ll move forward. No state has anything more than a rough estimate of their bear numbers, or deer for that matter.

mowbizz

Reaction score
The bears are most likely denned up in my area…do they even den up in NJ?

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
The bears are most likely denned up in my area…do they even den up in NJ?
Depending on the weather I have seen them out all winter. Sows and cubs usually den up first. Been real warm like BearHunter said, a lot are still out. Not sure if I want to shoot another. I do the cheapest thing with them but it still cost about 600 just to have the hide tanned. I have 3 hides now. Thinking of having a bear fur jacket made out of them. 41afed0ca302a84e2e76addef823a78e.jpg

Pine-lock

Reaction score
Depending on the weather I have seen them out all winter. Sows and cubs usually den up first. Been real warm like BearHunter said, a lot are still out. Not sure if I want to shoot another. I do the cheapest thing with them but it still cost about 600 just to have the hide tanned. I have 3 hides now. Thinking of having a bear fur jacket made out of them.
$600 just for the tanning? Or were you paying for fleshing, skinning of paws & tail and turning ears and lips too?

I have one in my freezer that I’m thinking of getting tanned but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

338 Bear Hunter

Reaction score
Depending on the weather I have seen them out all winter. Sows and cubs usually den up first. Been real warm like BearHunter said, a lot are still out. Not sure if I want to shoot another. I do the cheapest thing with them but it still cost about 600 just to have the hide tanned. I have 3 hides now. Thinking of having a bear fur jacket made out of them. View attachment 27060
I've got five hides (the rest were made into rugs) and am seriously considering getting a coat made as well. I've heard they are very heavy though.

jht2224

Reaction score
I can’t tell if you guys are just joking??? A black bear jacket??? I’m not making fun, but what occasion warrants a bear skin jacket lol holy Jeremiah Johnson. My wife would kill me lol. Merry Xmas.

Latest posts