Bear baiting attractant

Nhbearhunter

Reaction score
Hey guys new member here. I think this is the correct place to post this. Any fellow bear baiters on here? Every year I seem to buy more and more bottles of bear attractant spray. It’s seems like it’s really basic stuff and something that could be made at home for much cheaper. If any of you have made any in the past, what’s you knowledge about it? Recipe? Thanks in advance

mowbizz

Reaction score
Only tried baiting once on my own land. I used strawberry syrup and Ol’ Roy dog food from Walmart (cousin Eddie recommenced it):ROFLMAO:
Got plenty of coons and a Fisher to try the bait but no bears came in. Was probably more of a set up situation than a bad bait...I wish NH had a spring bear season as a big boy was caught on cam recently on my property.

Nhbearhunter

Reaction score
I’ve always had really good luck with a trail mix and cookie mixture. Chocolate free of course. Top all of that with some fryer grease and I get a lot of bears to come in. I use a lot of commercial scents from Northwoods Bear Products and was wondering if anyone has come up with a similar product that’s equally as good

Last edited:

Nhbearhunter

Reaction score
I’m in central NH. I’ve had a very successful bait site for the past three years