Be careful out there guys.

mowbizz

Reaction score

NH Hunter

Reaction score
That's awful. Know your target, but in the same breath put on a friggin orange hat at the very least!!!

I live by a rule that very rarely fails me regardless if I'm buying something, driving, hunting or whatever "Assume everyone is a dumbass until proven differently". We all see dumbass drivers doing dumb shit that we need to pay attention to everyday on our commutes to a from work. No different when in the woods.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Neither party was wearing orange. Wear orange when any firearms season is open. Like NH Hunter says, assume there are some "without all their lights on" people out there.

Xbolt

Reaction score
Neither party was wearing orange. Wear orange when any firearms season is open. Like NH Hunter says, assume there are some "without all their lights on" people out there.
Whole lot of hunters,wearing orange get shot /killed every year

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Whole lot of hunters,wearing orange get shot /killed every year
Show me the stats with orange on vs no orange nationally. Hunter related shootings dropped dramatically with the introduction of hunters wearing hunter orange.

Hunter related shootings also dropped once states made hunter education courses a requirement.

It’s still the shooters fault hands down. But there’s absolutely no reason in the world not to wear some piece of orange clothing.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
You had one fatal shooting in NY last year. Not wearing orange……. His hunting partner who had 45 years experience shot and killed him .

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Show me the stats with orange on vs no orange nationally. Hunter related shootings dropped dramatically with the introduction of hunters wearing hunter orange.

Hunter related shootings also dropped once states made hunter education courses a requirement.

It’s still the shooters fault hands down. But there’s absolutely no reason in the world not to wear some piece of orange clothing.
I always read about the hunting accidents, and basically 99% of the time, the article says the victim was not wearing hunter orange.

Xbolt

Reaction score

try wearing orange while waterfowl hunting doesnt qork so well
never said there was a lot but fact is wearing hunter orange does not prevent you from being shot never worn it never will

NH Hunter

Reaction score
never said there was a lot but fact is wearing hunter orange does not prevent you from being shot never worn it never will
Just curious but why?

It’s not Kevlar, so I understand it doesn’t keep you from being shot. I also understand you don’t wear it duck or turkey hunting. But this guy was bear hunting and foolishly mistaken for a bear. But I’m extremely curious when I hear hunters say “I don’t like being seen by other hunters” why?

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Did you hunt deer or bear with a firearm in New York Last year without hunter orange or pink?

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Do you also hunt Montana firearm big game seasons without hunter orange apparel?

JDK

Reaction score

I despise orange with every fiber of my being. That said if you are planning to hunt the entire deer season in Maine, as you say you are, you will be wearing it to be legal.

Browseline

Reaction score
The young man, 25 years old, who allegedly did the shooting was charged with felony charges of aggravated assault, negligent use of a firearm along with the misdemeanor charge of reckless endangerment.

Latest posts