Archery buck - October 7, 2021

DriveJohnson

Reaction score
Since I'm guilty of reading a lot of the threads here and not posting, I wanted to contribute a little bit!

On October 7, I decided to head into one of the few spots that's producing acorns in my general area. Shortly after getting set up in the climber, around 5:15 I had two eight points emerge from the bedding area - one much larger than the other. They were feeding on acorns, but were working their way away from me. I gave a couple of grunts - the big one flicked his tail and had his head up, but continued working away. A couple more grunts and he did the same thing. As they disappeared, I made a couple more grunts and waited. 5-10 minutes go by and the big one is making his way back towards me. Head up and on a mission to find who was making those calls. He walked right into my shooting lane at 10 yards and the PSE with Rocky Mountain Ironheads did the rest. Went about 100 yards before expiring. Huge thanks to my dad and Bluewater for coming out and helping me drag (especially since Matt did most the work).

Attachments

nhbowhunter

Reaction score
Since I'm guilty of reading a lot of the threads here and not posting, I wanted to contribute a little bit!

On October 7, I decided to head into one of the few spots that's producing acorns in my general area. Shortly after getting set up in the climber, around 5:15 I had two eight points emerge from the bedding area - one much larger than the other. They were feeding on acorns, but were working their way away from me. I gave a couple of grunts - the big one flicked his tail and had his head up, but continued working away. A couple more grunts and he did the same thing. As they disappeared, I made a couple more grunts and waited. 5-10 minutes go by and the big one is making his way back towards me. Head up and on a mission to find who was making those calls. He walked right into my shooting lane at 10 yards and the PSE with Rocky Mountain Ironheads did the rest. Went about 100 yards before expiring. Huge thanks to my dad and Bluewater for coming out and helping me drag (especially since Matt did most the work).
Nice! Guys were talking about your buck this morning at the general store 30 miles away from Morses!

Latest posts