Apple Tree Guide

exojam

Reaction score
NH Mountains,

Thanks for putting this write up out here.

Do you by chance have any picture showing what step 3 would look like? Unfortunately I am not a visual type of person.

exojam

Reaction score
NH Mountains,

Thanks for that picture. If I am not mistaken in looking at that picture, they have the screen around the tree like you are referring to correct?

It looks like they have the bigger outer piece to keep the bigger animals off of it and the then the smaller one for smaller animals.

I am still laughing at the fact that mice like to eat the trees, I never knew that.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Here's a photo of snow receding from a tree. Notice how there is a space the mice, voles, and other critters can go into chew on the tree bark. If the snow was two feet in this photo the could chew any where on the base and girdle the tree. They like apple trees for some reason. This is why the screen wrap is important.

I think I recognize that one...

janc

Uber Moderator
Reaction score
my father grew two trees from seeds years ago.....I finally planted them last year....they are about 4 feet tall....hopefully they pan out

exojam

Reaction score
I hope I can reach some of the branches when the time comes to prune like the guide was showing.

exojam

Reaction score
I will have to depend on a good pole saw since I cannot stand up :smile: