Any interest in an Iowa hunt/lease?

Ingen

Reaction score
I have a couple spots I am going to open up on my personal leases for a couple non residents. Basically I have an opportunity to lease additional farms and I can't afford to do so alone without giving up some of my current properties, which I do not want to do. So I have decided to try to help pay for the leases by finding a few hunters that want a DIY ish hunt on some prime farms. I'm not an outfitter, so I'm not putting you up or feeding you, but I have a couple good farms with big deer on them I don't want to let go, so I'm just trying to cover my lease costs.

Ingen

Reaction score
What costs are you talking?
Depends on what you are looking for. I have farms set up for rut bow hunts, others set up for late season gun hunts. Also will depend on how long you want to hunt...a week? 2 weeks? whole season? If you want a farm completely virgin with no stands up where you can do your own thing vs one with stands and food plots in place.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Want to trade a Central NH, big woods hunt for a week out there? ;) I'd be willing to give you two weeks for one.

Ingen

Reaction score
Nice bucks. I might be interested. Going to check the Iowa Fish and Game site and check some things out.
These are in zone 5. you will need 3-4 points to draw an archery tag, but can draw a gun tag with one point

arlow

Reaction score
My buddy and I have 2 points and are purchasing a third this year then applying for tags in 2019. We very well may be interested. We are currently weighing between DIY, Outfitted or Leasing. Would be a week bowhunt, maybe 2. Would like to hear more specifics as to acreage and cost. Are there local places to stay nearby etc....

Ingen

Reaction score
I think I would like to go gun. So what does that mean? It takes two years to draw without any points?
Yes..so you would need to buy a point this year in order to draw a gun tag in 2019.

Ingen

Reaction score
My buddy and I have 2 points and are purchasing a third this year then applying for tags in 2019. We very well may be interested. We are currently weighing between DIY, Outfitted or Leasing. Would be a week bowhunt, maybe 2. Would like to hear more specifics as to acreage and cost. Are there local places to stay nearby etc....
well if this works out I will likely do this every year. I have a farm that would work very well for a couple guys bowhunting during the rut for a couple weeks. It is near the town of Osceola. there are quite a few motels and places to eat there. Cost will depend on number of people and how long you want to hunt or if you want a season long lease..whether you want to scout it and hang stands yourself or if you want food plots and stands already there.

shadow

Reaction score
Ive got 4 points banked. Been looking for a place that would fit my needs. Might be interested but I would need a lot of questions answered.