Any food plot advise?

Tailfeathers

Reaction score
Who’s tried it? What did you plant, and how did it go? Thinking of doing a little planting this year but a little lost on what to plant and when. The property is in southern Maine and already has a medium sized orchard that gets plenty of action late season but i am mostly archery hunting and would like to put in 1-2 small 1/2 acre plots in transition areas where the deer stage coming to and from the food.

Has any one tried anything similar? Was it worth the effort or should I just leave a good thing alone?

-Steve

Tailfeathers

Reaction score
It certainly helps and when the apples start dropping in late October it gets lots of attention. Unfortunately they aren’t real comfortable coming out in the big open orchard during day light. I hunt mostly the pinch points on their way back to cover. My thought was that a few small open areas planted with clover and surrounded by thick cover would give them some places they feel more comfortable to hit during daylight.
But maybe all this quarantine time is just getting to my headed. Been watching way too much hunting on TV :unsure:.