Another Rookie

Reaction score
Found this site while doing a search for something else, and decided to join after seeing it was for the northeast with a lot of guys that hunt Maine etc. So far looks like a great site everyone, even see a few familiar guys. Hunted Western Maine for many years with pop before he passed, and haven't been able to go the last several years but looks like things are good to go for this Nov. Already read through a couple of the hunts guy's posted in the Maine forum for 2015 and that's great that guys are willing to share the hunt with others, my hats off to you all for some great hunts !

Reaction score
Welcome to Huntingchat! What was it that you were researching?
Was doing a search for "Maine hunting forums" hoping to find a place that might lead me to find replacement wood stock & forearm for one of my 760 carbines. Can't remember what info I seen after scrolling several pages that made me pull up the site but recognized one of the other guys that posted on a topic, since he is on a local forum here.

Mikejd

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. New around these parts myself but seams to be the crowd I was looking for.

Reaction score
SB, what area of Maine are you going to be hunting?
For this year since I haven't been up in a couple years since pop passed, most likely will be over towards the western area near Rangeley to check out some of his old haunts. Hopefully in the future would like to try some different country maybe over towards central, etc to mix things up a bit. Once sold a guy a rifle that I wouldn't mind crossing paths with again, hopefully up in the Maine woods, to see if he's not giving that gun any bad habits or even to crack open a good bottle of crown with some of them at camp ! lol

Last edited:

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I am a Maine native that has been transplanted to NJ. Best of luck!

BearHunter

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Silver Belly62.
Tennessee is home, work brings me to NJ, hunt Maine every year.
Might not have a bottle of Crown to crack open at camp but always have some top shelf bourbon and scotch to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

medrhunter

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.
Had to laugh at your location.
That pretty much nails where I hunt.

Good luck! One more week of Coyote in NJ then on to Turkey!