An update on Storm

badfisherman

Reaction score
This has been an incredible learning experience I cannot say enough about the doctors and staff that worked with us. He had some negative reactions to the meds which made him sick and unwilling to eat for a few days until we got that straightened out. Since the meds got regulated he is eating better and acting more like himself for the most part. Knee is still very swollen and fever is hovering a little high but not worrisome high, just the body doing it's job. I very much thank everyone for the prayers, we firmly believe these were the most powerful tool used in this situation.

On a side note, our medical system needs some major changes. Thankfully we have insurance, not great but I am very thankful for what we have after learning that 28 days worth of his meds is $797.........how in the heck would a family w/o insurance deal with this? Seriously? Very scarey given the fact that Lyme is so prevalent and nearly impossible to avoid at this point.

RustyD

Reaction score
Good news. Day by day he will get better

I have a freidn who is on meds and his are like $400 for ONE PILL!

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Good stuff Brian....glad to hear!

Reaction score
That's great news Brian!!! As for te high price of meds not the hospital dr or nurses fault,... But I'm glad he is doing better

strings54

Reaction score
Good to hear the good news Brian. Haven't been on here much lately. Hope things are on the right path for him now. And yes I agree the systems for medical care are out of whack!!