Ammo Shortage

mowbizz

Reaction score
Wife and I took a ride to Kittery Trading post today just for a scenery change. Very little to no ammo to be seen And what they had was obscure calibers. Rifle racks were basically sparse with a few obscure ones here and there. Seemed to be lots of higher end double shotguns however.
Nothing to be had for 45-70 except one single shot. I didn’t inquire... just browsed.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Wife and I took a ride to Kittery Trading post today just for a scenery change. Very little to no ammo to be seen And what they had was obscure calibers. Rifle racks were basically sparse with a few obscure ones here and there. Seemed to be lots of higher end double shotguns however.
Nothing to be had for 45-70 except one single shot. I didn’t inquire... just browsed.
I was there Saturday. Place was a mad house. How was the Friday crowd?

mowbizz

Reaction score
I was there Saturday. Place was a mad house. How was the Friday crowd?
Hardly anyone there but the parking lot seemed like there would be more inside. I think we saw more employees than customers...

270 bdl

Reaction score
A friend of mine is going to Grice's today. He was going to look for some things for me. There is another shop there in Clearfield, bob's arm navy. They usually have something too. I won't know anything about either place until this evening.

lester2

Reaction score
If anyone is around VT’s NEK The Gun Shop in East Haven had a pretty fair sampling of ammo of their shelves this past Tuesday. I saw all the rim fire calibers, some 7.62x39 Wolf, most of the usual rifle deer hunting calibers like .308 .270 .30-30, etc. notably missing was .30-06 except for low recoil. I did pick up a couple boxes of .444 for a friend who just bought a new Marlin, a box of Peter’s and one box of Hornady LeverEvolution. They are restricting sales to one box per caliber or make per customer. Oh and some, but not a lot of shotgun ammo. Disappointed that there was no 20 gauge hi brass #6, my go to hate load.

lester2

Reaction score
If anyone is around VT’s NEK The Gun Shop in East Haven had a pretty fair sampling of ammo of their shelves this past Tuesday. I saw all the rim fire calibers, some 7.62x39 Wolf, most of the usual rifle deer hunting calibers like .308 .270 .30-30, etc. notably missing was .30-06 except for low recoil. I did pick up a couple boxes of .444 for a friend who just bought a new Marlin, a box of Peter’s and one box of Hornady LeverEvolution. They are restricting sales to one box per caliber or make per customer. Oh and some, but not a lot of shotgun ammo. Disappointed that there was no 20 gauge hi brass #6, my go to hate load.
Ok, my bad, that was supposed to say “hare load”. I won’t say what my “hate load” is lol!

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I probably paid 10 dollars more per box, than you used to be able to get them for, but what the heck... No guarantees that there will be bargain ammo out there before fall and I would like to shoot my Browning BAR Carbine out to 200 yards to see how it does.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I probably paid 10 dollars more per box, than you used to be able to get them for, but what the heck... No guarantees that there will be bargain ammo out there before fall and I would like to shoot my Browning BAR Carbine out to 200 yards to see how it does.
Yeah, the price with shipping made me want to puke but I know a lot of guys that were not bird hunting last season due to a lack of shot shells.

270 bdl

Reaction score
My buddy didn't make it to grices yesterday, he went today. No rifle ammo to speak of. He got me a box of hornady 30 caliber 180's .

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Sportsman guide has 9mm ball ammo for sale"in bulk". I can't believe the price though...... I just paid 35.00 per box at a local shop, but they want almost 41.00 per box of 50 even picking up 250 rounds!!! That's crazy!!!

Meatseeker

Reaction score
I was at Cabelas in Hamburg PA on Sunday. A salesman said there are 30 guys there every morning and they buy everything as soon as it's put out.
I think 2nd party resale on line is contributing to this. Take a look on gunbroker... There is a metric shit ton of ammo for sale on gunbroker. Folks are selling it at double and triple the price or more and people are bidding on it. Serious panic buying. Essentially we have ammo "scalpers".

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I think 2nd party resale on line is contributing to this. Take a look on gunbroker... There is a metric shit ton of ammo for sale on gunbroker. Folks are selling it at double and triple the price or more and people are bidding on it. Serious panic buying. Essentially we have ammo "scalpers".
"United we stand, divided we fall" unless of course a few extra bucks can be made..... Then "f$ck everyone if that's the case". True firearm owning patriots right there.

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Nailed it. Have you seen the price of Large Rifle Primers on Gunbroker...$250-$300 per 1000!!! Just insane.
I just built up a Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5CM. The other 6.5creedmoor that I have loves the Hornady 140gr ELD-M. I tried a couple different ammo out of the new one and it also really likes the 140gr ELD-M. Unfortunately it has been hard to come by so I started saving brass to reload for the 6.5. As soon as any 1 component I am looking for comes in stock it is literally gone in minutes. I have H4350 coming and 140gr Hornady HPBT Match bullets but primers are impossible. I did luck into some boxes of factory ammo, so that is a plus.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Price gouging...the American way!
Well it's got to be all Liberals doing it. According to the gun owning community they're the only ones who try to dry hump us when it comes to guns and ammo.

FYI for anyone looking......... I was at Marshalls firearms last week, and he had two Remington magazines for 7600's. 45.00 each. They were the newer style with plastic bottoms.

Latest posts