All these new truck post....

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Well, that's not absolutely true, but anyway, I broke down in NH a few weeks ago, and had the starter go on my 2008 Tundra. Got it towed to a shop in a thunder and lightening storm in the middle of the night, and the guys got it fixed for me by the end of the next day. The new starter was $700 and would have been $1000 at the dealer, but this got me thinking about maybe it's time for a new rig. My a/c compressor was shot, pulled the fuse on that last year, needed new brakes, exhaust, exhaust manifold down the road, and who knows what else with an 11 year old truck with 151k on it.

Ended up with a new 2019 tundra 4x4 based model, but has more options than I could ever use. I got the smaller v8 even though I loved the power of the 5.7, but the gas mileage sucked! Got them down to $29k on a new rig, and they gave me $8500 for my old one. Saved a $1,000 just getting white! I'll take that deal all day long. I took the Thule racks off my old cap, and they'll be going on a new white one soon.

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Nice looking truck! Good trade-in value too on your old one.
The old tundra definitely held some equity which is the only reason I pulled the trigger. Truck needs some bling though, but I'm happy that toyota's don't come with the stock bridgestone duelers like they use to. Those were crap, and now they have Michelin LTX M/S

Russell Bro.

Reaction score
The old tundra definitely held some equity which is the only reason I pulled the trigger. Truck needs some bling though, but I'm happy that toyota's don't come with the stock bridgestone duelers like they use to. Those were crap, and now they have Michelin LTX M/S
You can still get stuck with the new tires...