Alaskans?

Wolfwoman

Reaction score
Anyone here from Alaska? What part and how long and what do you do there?

I'm in Chickaloon, at MP76.3 of the Glenn Highway and I'm the owner of the General store there. I also make things from fur, hats, mittens, pillows - you name it. I am owned by nine dogs and am married to a wonderful guy for 26 years now.

Who's next?

Wolfie

jayshuntin

Reaction score
I was stationed in fairbanks for three years. Loved every minute

Wolfwoman

Reaction score
I am 76 miles NE of Anchorage on the Glenn highway, or about 30 miles NE of Palmer. We are considered SouthCentral here. I am originally from upstate NY :)

Freezebanks, eh?? Way too cold there - not that it isn't here, but 70 below.. no thanks! I'll keep my 30 below ... lol

Wolfwoman

Reaction score
How long has it been since you've been here? Wasilla is a booming metropolis (hahah) now and they're anticipating 30,000 within the next 10 years. I'm glad I'm on the 'other' highway!! lol

NY Hunter

Reaction score
3 different New Yorkers, counting you WW, postng in a row, now that's a first. I was born, raised and probably will die in the 'Big Apple' :redface: Hope to retire some day and move to New England. :smile:

jayshuntin

Reaction score
4 years ago its grown that much? My wife is from anchoage. I deffinatly miss it. what part of upstate ny are you from?

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Not from Alaska, but I watch The Deadliest Catch...does that count???

Welcome aboard, stick around and post up!!

Wolfwoman

Reaction score
3 different New Yorkers, counting you WW, postng in a row, now that's a first. I was born, raised and probably will die in the 'Big Apple' :redface: Hope to retire some day and move to New England. :smile:
I went to NYC once... and never went back. The wave of people there is just WAY too much for me!!

I have friends who live in Homer, AK
Homer is a pretty place and the fishing is supposed to be great down there - especially during dipnetting season.

Not from Alaska, but I watch The Deadliest Catch...does that count???

Welcome aboard, stick around and post up!!
Well your weather is just as bad :D

4 years ago its grown that much? My wife is from anchoage. I deffinatly miss it. what part of upstate ny are you from?
I am from the Syracuse area, I grew up in Brewerton and Baldwinsville. And yes, it's changed that much. We moved back here in 2000 and it's changed a lot.

DeerMeadowFarm

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! My best friend's brother lives in North Pole...he's the only one I know personally that lives in Alaska.

Bill M

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Wolfwoman. Never been to Alaska but have a couple buddies that have been there a few times that keep trying to get me to take a trip with them.

Ellsworth

Reaction score
i'm only about an 18 hour drive...

lol, welcome aboard, post lots of pictures one of my ambitions is to go up there, debating the PHD somewhere far...far...away, that might be the ticket.

Ellsworth

Wolfwoman

Reaction score
Let me see if I can figure out pics for this forum... each one is different...

These should be clickable thumbnails so you can see a bigger pic....