Adaptive moose results

JDK

Reaction score
Broken record I know but I drew one of those tags I’ll leave it at this, IFW completely oversold this hunt during the mandatory classes and then sort of backed off at the end. I cannot imagine what it was like out there when the other seasons were running concurrently. In my humble opinion, if you went into that hunt thinking you were going to road hunt and kill a cow first off, you’d be sorely disappointed. Did it happen, sure

We had a great hunt and great time but there is no way I’d ever apply for that tag again

JDK

Reaction score
To be fair to IFW, during the second class they did say to treat this like a whitetail hunt. They recommended tree stands and sitting. There was a fundamental change in message half way through that class.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
To be fair to IFW, during the second class they did say to treat this like a whitetail hunt. They recommended tree stands and sitting. There was a fundamental change in message half way through that class.
Maybe a whitetail still hunt... Certainly not stand hunting for moose...

Pine-lock

Reaction score
IFW recommended tree stands and ground blinds.
If this hunt continues I can't see it being a huge draw. Winning a tag in the lottery is difficult enough, especially for a non resident. I'm not sure I'd want to waste the opportunity on that style of hunt.

JDK

Reaction score
I agree.

I know three that drew and I was the only one to accept. Not saying it didn't happen but I don't know of anyone that hunted out of a tree stand.

Xbolt

Reaction score
If this hunt continues I can't see it being a huge draw. Winning a tag in the lottery is difficult enough, especially for a non resident. I'm not sure I'd want to waste the opportunity on that style of hunt.
Think its, diiicult on the east coast try drawing a, tag for the big 3 (M/s/g Out west or a deer tag in unit 270 in. Montana

groundtender

Reaction score
I set up a treestand for a moose hunt in 2001. A mile past a gate. Never used it for moose because we got one first day walking the road. But I did shoot a 10 pointer from it on residents’ day that year. I would consider a treestand for moose, but lately have used a big Primos blind. Never taken a moose from it, but had some close action with lesser bulls. I like the blind for rainy weather and/or for napping in the chair.

Latest posts