A couple moose sheds.

Browseline

Reaction score
Three of us finally got up to camp in Maine. Two nice days to look, but a little warm at 70+ degrees both days. I had to wear a head net most of the day except for the early morning hours. It is greening up fast so won't be going back looking for sheds. I found 2 I kept, one 16 lb and one 14 lbs. The other guys found a couple old ones that were pretty well chewed up and left them in the woods. It was nice to be hiking around the mountains again.

Attachments

groundtender

Reaction score
Those two big ones? ...I would not be surprised if you got 16 bucks this year. They pretty much look like Grade A’s to me. Just a guess, but that’s a figure I have heard recently

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Nice finds Browse! I made it up to camp for a couple quick walks last weekend and was wondering if you had been doing the same. While we found the same amount, yours are far more impressive. I hadn't been out to look in a couple years with the house build and was pretty disappointed in the lack of sign. I've never seen another boot track in there and have found plenty of old antlers, so having taken a few years off I was hoping to find more, even if they were older ones. How has the sign been the last few years in the places you frequent?

My two small ones. I walked within sight of this first one once and missed it, must have been busy looking on the ground.
5-15-21.jpg

5-16-21.jpg

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Nice finds Browse! Great looking sheds! And I bet it was great hiking around the woods. Deer sign look promising?

Browseline

Reaction score
Nice finds Browse! I made it up to camp for a couple quick walks last weekend and was wondering if you had been doing the same. While we found the same amount, yours are far more impressive. I hadn't been out to look in a couple years with the house build and was pretty disappointed in the lack of sign. I've never seen another boot track in there and have found plenty of old antlers, so having taken a few years off I was hoping to find more, even if they were older ones. How has the sign been the last few years in the places you frequent?

My two small ones. I walked within sight of this first one once and missed it, must have been busy looking on the ground.
View attachment 24807

View attachment 24808
Nice finds. We never saw a lot of moose sign in any one place. They seemed to be wandering around all winter where ever they wanted to.

Browseline

Reaction score
Nice finds Browse! Great looking sheds! And I bet it was great hiking around the woods. Deer sign look promising?
I saw quite a few deer tracks in the mud. One of the guys with me saw a nice buck with antlers out to its ears so about 18" wide already. He said it was a big deer with a nice track. None of us saw a moose in the woods, only beside the roads on the way to camp.

groundtender

Reaction score
I saw quite a few deer tracks in the mud. One of the guys with me saw a nice buck with antlers out to its ears so about 18" wide already. He said it was a big deer with a nice track. None of us saw a moose in the woods, only beside the roads on the way to camp.
Very similar experience for us a few weeks ago shed hunting - minus the big deer

Latest posts