870 stocks fit the 7600?

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Did we determine that the 870 youth and adult stocks bolt right up to the 7600? I thought for sure I helped a buddy do one at camp, and Maineguides put one on, but now I can't remember.

Anyone?

Ramline Stocks blow for those looking at them. I would rather slam my scrotum in a car door than buy another one of their products.

Thing was like 3 inches longer than a stock 7600 stock, and needed to be modified, which was a choir in itself after cutting it down and trying to get the butt plate to fit, align, etc. Looks like turd so I'm going another route to get a non-montecarlo stock.

N

NH Hunter

Did we determine that the 870 youth and adult stocks bolt right up to the 7600? I thought for sure I helped a buddy do one at camp, and Maineguides put one on, but now I can't remember.

Anyone?

Ramline Stocks blow for those looking at them. I would rather slam my scrotum in a car door than buy another one of their products.

Thing was like 3 inches longer than a stock 7600 stock, and needed to be modified, which was a choir in itself after cutting it down and trying to get the butt plate to fit, align, etc. Looks like turd so I'm going another route to get a non-montecarlo stock.
I have been told it is the 20ga. stock that will fit them. FYI I was looking on Ebay the other night for these. They had a few in the 40.00 range.

NH Native

Reaction score
They are said to fit. I know there are also two lengths of throughbolt out there and not sure if the 20 stock would need the one you've got or the other one. I know when I put my old style 7600 stock on a newer one I had to poach the throughbolt from the old one too.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Looks like it may just be the 20G from this quote on another site....

The official work from Remington 1-10-06:
Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, the butt stocks will interchange, the fore-ends will not. The same size stock from a current 20 ga 1100, 11-87, 870, 7400 and 7600 will all interchange. Also the older 760, 742 and 740 butt stocks will fit.

Doesn't really say that the 12 guage doesn't work, just speaks to the 20.

Last edited:

Latest posts