7600 35 Whelen Carbine Stock Swap

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Noticed on Big Woods Bucks FB, a former 7600 BWB limited edition .30-06 carbine up for sale, it then said sold but to stand-by....35 Whelen coming, stand-by for details. Wonder if another limited BWB run of carbines in .35 Whelen or a one-off a BWB team member is selling. Longbow, did you happen to hear?
First I have heard of this.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
Noticed on Big Woods Bucks FB, a former 7600 BWB limited edition .30-06 carbine up for sale, it then said sold but to stand-by....35 Whelen coming, stand-by for details. Wonder if another limited BWB run of carbines in .35 Whelen or a one-off a BWB team member is selling. Longbow, did you happen to hear?

I noticed that too.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score

I took Hal's deer clinic 3 years ago. He was asked if they will make another set of BWB Pumps. He was noncommittal on that, but he did say if they ever made another run, they would be in 35 Whelen.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I took Hal's deer clinic 3 years ago. He was asked if they will make another set of BWB Pumps. He was noncommittal on that, but he did say if they ever made another run, they would be in 35 Whelen.

With him no longer on the payroll for Remington, I wonder if it will be more difficult to get accomplished, especially for a limited small batch run.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
With him no longer on the payroll for Remington, I wonder if it will be more difficult to get accomplished, especially for a limited small batch run.

He explained to us that Remington will make you whatever you want, as long as you order a certain amount of units. It's been a few years, but I could have sworn he said it was 500.

How many 35 Whelen's did Grice's have available last year? I bet that is the minimum order quantity through Remington.

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Man, how gun prices have go up. 35 whelen is nice, but what you can do with that, I can do just as good with my 06. That $800, I'd rather spend on more hunting and fishing opportunities, and some good memories.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
That’s a steal!

No its not ! LOL

There are at least 2 new Rem 7600 35 Whelen's with synthetic stocks on Gun Broker for $689 and $25 shipping

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/808671769

There is another 2 new ones for $689.99 that has the " take a shot " button to submit an offer.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/808341560

There is also another guy trying to sell a new 7600 whelen with a wooden stock with a " buy it now " price of $1,175 with the auction starting price of $1,075
This gun has been listed since the middle of January a few times with no offers

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/808436908

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
No its not ! LOL

There are at least 2 new Rem 7600 35 Whelen's with synthetic stocks on Gun Broker for $689 and $25 shipping

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/808671769

There is another 2 new ones for $689.99 that has the " take a shot " button to submit an offer.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/808341560

There is also another guy trying to sell a new 7600 whelen with a wooden stock with a " buy it now " price of $1,175 with the auction starting price of $1,075
This gun has been listed since the middle of January a few times with no offers

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/808436908

Get them now while you can for cheap...

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Get them now while you can for cheap...

Man, how gun prices have go up. 35 whelen is nice, but what you can do with that, I can do just as good with my 06. That $800, I'd rather spend on more hunting and fishing opportunities, and some good memories.

Im with MW . I think they are nice but it doesn't interest me at all to have one . If I wanted a cannon for deer hunting I would use my Browning Bar 300 WM . I bought it new 30 years ago because it was a beautiful gun . I would of used it if I ever got drawn for a Moose tag or if I ever made it out west. Since I have never done either one , the 300 has never been fired . Never scoped it or sighted it in. I still have the 2 original full boxes of Federal Premium ammo I bought with it .Its been a very lonely ride for that 300 WM . It watches all the other rifles come and go on hunting trips and it just sits there patiently waiting its turn which may never come. LOL

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Im with MW . I think they are nice but it doesn't interest me at all to have one . If I wanted a cannon for deer hunting I would use my Browning Bar 300 WM . I bought it new 30 years ago because it was a beautiful gun . I would of used it if I ever got drawn for a Moose tag or if I ever made it out west. Since I have never done either one , the 300 has never been fired . Never scoped it or sighted it in. I still have the 2 original full boxes of Federal Premium ammo I bought with it .Its been a very lonely ride for that 300 WM . It watches all the other rifles come and go on hunting trips and it just sits there patiently waiting its turn which may never come. LOL
nice rifle

Vtbuck223

Reaction score
Wow...

Vtbuck223

Reaction score
They are nice...the Whelen has always interested me...but yes...too pricey for me also considering it would only be a backup rifle to my 06. My current backup got used by my son all last season when he ran into problems with his rifle...so I may be looking into a cheaper alternative to add to the cabinet.

Latest posts