760 Purchased Today

NY Hunter

Reaction score
I'll probably not cut it as I suddenly took out all my Remington's and I do happen to have two carbines.
Roger-

Good choice for the reason stated. I, like a few others here, had a number of 760/7600's at one time, now I'm down to three. A mid 60's 30-06 rifle, a late 60's .308 carbine and an early 80's .35 Rem rifle, which I'm looking to sell. The carbine does swing nice, but being a stand Hunter the .30-06 rifle is my opening day choice.

Grandkid

Reaction score
I have gone from the old 742 30-06 with a peep (it was stolen and fished out of a river - and a gunsmith rebuilt it) to a Ruger 270 bolt with a scope (I think that the action is too long) then on to a Ruger .308 bolt and now I'm going to try this pump. Should be interesting. I love the 742 and it fits me like no other gun though I think this pump will be the same as it mounts naturally and I have been shooting an 870 on ducks and geese for 20 years.

NY Hunter I like your late 60's .308 carbine. I would probably use that one most of the time if I was doing a lot of still hunting or tracking.

Roger-

Grandkid

Reaction score
Thanks Silver. Just happen upon them over the years.

Roger-

Grandkid

Reaction score
I took out the 760 this afternoon and ran a clip through it. That gun is awesome. I love the pump action! Cycled without issue. So quick to shoot. Ran some Core Lokt's through it - 30-06 180 grain. Off hand at 30 yards. With the buckhorn iron sights it held a 2-1/2" four shot group. Oh man I can't wait to get on a big buck with this rifle. Did I mention that I just love this gun!

Roger-

Grandkid

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! Just be careful they’re well known to make friends in the gun cabinet and before you know it you’ll end up with a herd of them as many of us have found out!
You were right! I have a herd and it’s multiplying!
Roger-

Latest posts