47 years and never...

JDK

Reaction score
Had scope eye before. A combination of bad form, short eye relief, and moderate recoil. I'm an idiot.

file-115.jpeg

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Gotcha...what scope? Most cheaper scopes have shitty eye relief...

JDK

Reaction score
Gotcha...what scope? Most cheaper scopes have shitty eye relief...
Bushnell Elite 4200 1.5-6. I really blame it on bad shooting form. I said to myself before I shot.."Self, this is going to bite you." I was right. I'm a dumbass.

JDK

Reaction score
Just a scratch. Lay off the Moxie’s before you’re shooting sessions will ya!;)
LOL

No Moxie to start with but certainly a shot of Tin Cup when I got home.

Reaction score
Welcome to the club, which probably everyone on this forum belongs to. Also, you get two extra gold stars for drawing blood!!

JDK

Reaction score
Not in club yet.:rolleyes: I did put the wrong bullets in my rifle once if that counts?
Not truly my fault but I had it happen to me. Brand new unopened box of Remington 12 ga shotgun shells. Opened it up, grabbed a handful when I left the truck, and stoked 3 into my 870. Shot a bird and had another fly into a tree. Stroked a shell and a jam. Couldn't get it out. Took a good 20 minutes to whittle a stick to shove down the barrel, all the while that darned bird sitting there looking at me. Bird finally took off just before I got the shell out.

It was a 16 ga shell, green hull and all.

Igloo

Reaction score
Now you've got me worried. My Vortex Strike Eagle 3 doesn't show 100 yards focused above 9x. Some have suggested that I need to bring the scope in closer, as the adjustment ring is flat out. I've almost been kissed by this scope where it is - I don't relish the idea of moving it back another 1/4".

JDK

Reaction score
Now you've got me worried. My Vortex Strike Eagle 3 doesn't show 100 yards focused above 9x. Some have suggested that I need to bring the scope in closer, as the adjustment ring is flat out. I've almost been kissed by this scope where it is - I don't relish the idea of moving it back another 1/4".
It only stings for a minute and there are no lasting effects no lasting effects

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
I have a scar on my nose from my Muzzle loader scope. I must have put too much powder in or something. I remember thinking that the recoil felt stout compared to my 45/70 that I had just shot. A look in my truck mirror revealed blood running down my nose!