238# Maine Buck

longbow

Reaction score
A good friend of mine from NJ shot this nice buck last Thursday, Nov 8th, up in the North Maine Woods.

He walked as far as he could, 150 yards off a logging road, and did some rattling when this bruiser came crashing in. Shot at 30 yards as the deer was quickly walking directly at him!

Scott has been hunting Maine since the early 90's and got a 252# buck that made the book in 1993, I believe.

Unfortunately, liver and pancreatic cancer, along with all the Chemo has slowed him down quite a bit, and this buck was a Godsend on what could be his last Maine hunt. We are praying that it isn't.

One picture is of Scott and my son. Scott stopped at my house enroute to the butcher.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
That is one beautiful buck and a very heartfelt story.
Good luck to him and a prayer is sent his way that he hunts Maine in 2020 and gets an even bigger buck

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Damn, that's an awesome buck! Congrats to him, and hope he has a few more Maine hunts under his belt.

Grandkid

Reaction score
Congratulations to your friend on a fine Maine buck. Wishing him good health and an even bigger one next year.

Roger-

Big D

Reaction score
Congrats to your friend LB that's one hell of a deer. Hope he has many more to come.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
I am heading up in the morning from NJ. I hope there is some more NJ luck up there this year. Great buck and story and best wishes to your friend.

.270 Pump

Reaction score
Great story great buck. Tell your buddy we’ll send a pray his way but he needs to keep up the fight!!