.22lr bird shot

groundtender

Reaction score
My father got a box when I was a kid. Muzzle end of brass was kind of crimped to a point. He used it for policing the bird feeder I think. Squirrels, pigeons,etc. Not sure, but if you are going for a kill shot on a partridge, I think it’d have to be a head shot.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
My grandfather used to shoot it INSIDE his garage bay where he parked his truck. The birds would nest above his truck and he didn't care for the white stuff on his hood. I agree with groundtender...it won't be much use outside of close range, small animal shots.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
My grandfather used to shoot it INSIDE his garage bay where he parked his truck. The birds would nest above his truck and he didn't care for the white stuff on his hood. I agree with groundtender...it won't be much use outside of close range, small animal shots.
So shooting a grouse out the window with a revolver would be ok? 😂

Junebugg2.0

Reaction score
That and the 22 mag bird shot makes a great snake round! It sucks at any distance though.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
They say these are great for clearing out chipmunks if they are over running your property. Nice because they don't have any distance to them but more accurate than a bb or pellet gun.
Funny story one place "a friend" lived was totally overrun. He could not cut the population down so started trapping them with the "have a heart traps". He was clearing out 3-5 a day and could not reduce the population He figured they were coming back from the location he was dropping them off. He started throwing them in a trash bucket and spray painting them either white or orange paint to recognize them when they came back. Never saw one come back. I think they removed 120 in one summer.

groundtender

Reaction score
I had a havahart trap when I was a kid for grey squirrels. My father would so the same, using different colors even. We lived just outside Boston. Took the squirrels at least a town away to release them. I definitely recall one being back within a week, but most of them never appeared again.

Latest posts